CNET Editors' note: Download.com has removed the direct-download link following the publisher's request and offers this page for informational purposes only.
Geneious Pro is a revolutionary bioinformatics software platform that is both ultra-powerful and easy to use. Scientists, researchers and students are able to search, organize and analyze genomic and protein information via a single desktop program that provides publication ready images to enhance the impact of your research. Complex data such as entire bacterial genomes or human chromosomes can be stored, visualized and analyzed using a single desktop application that unites pipelines and tools to ensure analyses are easily repeatable. Use Geneious to harness the power of grid computing for Mr. Bayes and ClustalW through Geneious' world-first Green Button Technology.
What's new in this version:
- Sequence Viewer: Fixed it incorrectly scrolling down sometimes when drag-selecting regions
- Sam importer: Fix issue with read positioning in reads with a soft clip overhanging the start of the reference
- Shared Database: Fixed primers in shared databases not showing up in primer testing options sometimes
- Variant Finder: Fixed incorrect amino acid effects for variants on left directed CDS annotations where only the first and third position in a codon have varied
See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Manage your e-book library and sync to reader devices.
- View satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, geographic...
- Classic typing instruction software.
- Statistical data modeling tool.
- Statistical data modeling tool.
- Kids' artwork program with iLife integration.
- Powerful mathematical language for performing scriptable tasks.
- English-Urdu dictionary.
- Convert EPUB to PDF with high quality.
- GNU S statistical computing and graphics.
- Medical DICOM viewer/converter.
- Synchronize your brainwaves to achieve a specific mood or exper...
- EBook Converter, convert ePub to Kindle, kindle to pdf, epub to...
- Mathematics teaching and visualization tool.
- Scientific graphing, curve fitting and statistics.
- Give your desktop a hug with this valentine scheme.
- Build predictive and descriptive models from large data sets.
- 1 click utility to hide your desktop and desktop icons.
- Chemists' complete tool for 1D & 2D NMR.
- Interactive equation editor for Office, etc.
- Visualize & manipulate a broad range of scientific and industri...
- Share your Mac's screen and music.
- Show link status of main Ethernet interface or remote server.
- A binaural beat and flashing light based meditation program.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"An intuitive all-in-one package"
Version: Geneious 6.0.5
plugins for just about anything, integrated search function for genbank, integrated BLAST, easy to view and manipulate sequences, integrated PFAM database can be installed, excellent output of images and sequences for publication, FAST!!
information balloons can sometimes get in the way, no 'vector map' style output, cannot output circular sequences as yet, colours can be a bit gharish!
I use Geneious for comparative genomics analysis and it is pretty much all that I need. It is fast, stable and not too resource hungry. It has every tool that you will need and plugins for those that are not built in.
"Outstanding! Geneious has saved me 30% of my time!"
Version: Geneious 4.7.1
The images it creates are beautiful, interface is intuitive and the work-flow allows you to never have to leave this all-in-one program. The number of functions is does, is simply overwhelming, I'll never need another product.
I don't like other software... Go Geneious!
Geneious is user-friendly and easy to understand. I can search online databases to find new sequences that match ones I already have, and the data is just right there ready to use. It's a complete change from the way we had to do bioinformatics 10 years ago... It's simply a life-saver. 'nuff said.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content