CNET Editors' review
Brainteasers can be both fun and useful, helping you develop your problem-solving skills and memory while also providing hours of addictive entertainment. Gbrainy is a basic program that contains a variety of different mental challenges, effectively helping you pass time and sharpen your mind. It's not the most attractive program we've ever seen, but it's not bad for what it is.
Gbrainy's interface is plain, especially for a game; there is a handful of colored buttons across the top, but the rest of the interface is pretty drab. User can choose between four different types of tasks--logic, calculation, memory, and verbal--or mix all the types together. Some of the categories are harder than others; the verbal tasks consist largely of basic analogies without difficult vocabulary words, whereas the memory tasks were virtually impossible for us. Fortunately, the program's settings allow users to choose between three different levels of difficulty and adjust the length of time given for memorization tasks, customizations that were definitely welcome. The program doesn't have a Help file per se, but the publisher's Web site does contain detailed information about Gbrainy's features and plenty of screenshots. Overall, we found Gbrainy to be both fun and challenging. It's not much to look at, but the problems that it presents are entertaining enough on their own.
Gbrainy installs a desktop icon without asking and leaves a Start menu icon behind upon removal. We recommend this program to all users.
From Jordi Mas:
Gbrainy is a brain teaser game and trainer to have fun and to keep your brain trained. It provides the following types of games Logic puzzle games designed to challenge your reasoning and thinking skills, Mental calculation games based on arithmetical operations designed to prove your mental calculation skills, Memory trainer games designed to challenge your short term memory.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Access Linux/Unix shell from your Windows desktop.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Solve Sudoku puzzle on your PC.
- Change your desktop wallpaper with photos from Riya, Picasa, 23...
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Send Bulk SMS Marketing campaigns from your PC to worldwide.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Send and receive SMS messages using mobile phones or GSM modems...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Design, build and run parallel algorithms on your PC.
- Generate stored procedures around tables.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Be able to see the desktop of any other computer.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Display various clocks on your desktop.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- View aquarium fish on your desktop.
- Perform Web site management tasks via FTP when your sites are o...
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"AWESOME! It'll BLOW YOUR MIND!"
Version: Gbrainy 2.06
Have fun testing and improving your IQ. It also enables you to track your progress so you'll know where your strengths and where you lack.
I can't think of any.
I wasn't expecting much when I downloaded this software since it's free, but man I was STUNNED. Either you would want to increase your IQ or you just want to learn while killing time, this software is the BEST for you. And it's absolutely FREE!
Version: Gbrainy 2.06
If you've heard that you can't increase your IQ, you've heard wrong! The latest, trustworthy research shows that it is by all means possible to increase your IQ. If this interests you and makes you want to start exercising your brain, this program can give you a big boost to your brain training, provided you work hard enough of course!
The database could have a larger selection of brain training games.
As i have mentioned, this is a program which aims at training your brain and keeping it fit, and if you work hard enough, increase your IQ. It contains varieties of puzzles, brain teasers and math to solve. The games are divided into three sections - Logic, calculation, memory and verbal. You can choose to play each separately, play games from all sections or make a custom selection of which games will appear from which sections. If you are deeply interested in increasing your IQ, you may also want to train your brain at very good sites like Happy Neuron (happy-neuron.com)(Free) and Lumosity (www.lumosity.com)(Paid). I wish you readers a bright and brainy future!