CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page in the online Android Market. The application can directly be downloaded and installed on the registered Android device from your PC, or you can download it from the Android Market on your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
Full Screen Caller ID Free for Android lives up to its name with big, bright contact cards, but it goes a little overboard with ads. Of course, there's a paid version that gets rid of those and unlocks some extra features. You can change so many things about the free version, though, that you might not ever need to pay.
Full Screen Caller ID Free for Android fills your entire screen with a picture of your contact whenever they call. Interestingly, it makes the contact card appear whenever they text you, too. This gets a little annoying if you're going back and forth with the same person. Luckily, you can hide any notification with an easy double tap. The app lets you ignore any message and send a "call back later" text with the touch of a button. Just like most of the app's presentation, you can change what that text says from the app's settings menu. You can upgrade to the full version of the app from the same menu. For $5 you can unlock a few extra features and eliminate the program's ads. Since ads hit you in every part of the app--including your contact cards--that might be a worthwhile investment. Either way, the app is a neat way to view your contacts and a welcome change to Android's default caller ID.
It's a saving grace that this app is really customizable and lets you tweak just about any element you want. You might forgive the ads for what you get in return. If not, it's a fairly small price to pay to get rid of them.
Full Screen Caller ID Free for Android shows a full screen image of the person who is calling you. This application displays full screen notification for incoming and outgoing calls and SMS. Picture can be taken from the camera, SD card, or Facebook. You can sync your pictures with Facebook. It provides theme support and video caller ID.
What's new in this version: Version 6.4.2 has updated settings screens with icons.
More Products to Consider
- Best Cache Cleaner.
- Droid NAS allows you to share folders over a Wi-Fi network, mak...
- Kill unnecessary apps and running tasks.
- Mobile Banking BRI is a secure and convenient sms-based mobile ...
- Print anywhere from any Android tablet or smartphone.
- View and manage your contacts on your Android device.
- Take note and remember everything, compatible on multiple devic...
- Google Keep.
- Lock for WhatsApp Now let this locking app protect your WhatsAp...
- Protects your Android phone or tablet with award winning antivi...
- Make things happen (with friends).
- Unlock your phones true potential w/ Root Tools by JRummy16 *Ro...
- AdDroid Sample 2Snake with AdDroid ad integrated.AdDroid (previ...
- Enjoy You Life Book in Arabic - New Edition in Smarter Book ser...
- Stay hidden and shot images around your world.
- Organize your tasks, sync them between devices, and share your ...
- View the images on your Android device as the wall paper on a r...
- Manage your expenses and income of the day.
- Watch what the camera on your device see on a browser.
- Have you ever thought of having a dangerous pet? Now is the rig...
- Check the spelling of words in different languages on your Andr...
- "D10 Tatto" delivers to you beautiful tatto designs in high qua...
- Get mobile barcode reader on your Android device.
- It's Android's first OpenOffice and LibreOffice Document Reader...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Used to be good, but not anymore"
Version: Full Screen Caller ID Free for Android 6.4
At this point, none.
I've been using the paid version of this app for a little more than a year. At first, it worked beautifully on my Droid X ... but the last 10 or so updates have been awful. The "Answer" button doesn't always work, and the full-screen image -- the app's entire raison d'etre -- drops off a few seconds into a call (despite the fact that the "Close once answered" box is unchecked). As paid apps go, this one is on the expensive side -- it cost six bucks -- and yet its functionality has just gotten borked over time. Save your money.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content