CNET Editors' review
Would you like a super-easy way to capture video frames and convert them into JPEG stills? Or generate a series of images showing a sequence from your favorite movie? Or create picture albums out of family videos? DVDVideoSoft's Free Video to JPG Converter is your production assistant. This free tool makes it easy to capture still images from video files and save them as JPEG images, the most common format by far. It can sample frames at rates you select or copy every frame, though you can also limit the total number of frames to keep things from getting out of hand with long movies.
This program's simple, colorful interface is shared with the developer's other conversion tools, and it has a similar layout, with buttons for adding or removing files and arrows for moving them up or down in the queue. Under Extract, we could set how and when the tool sampled images. It can sample 10, 30, 50, 100, 500, or 1,000 frames, or in intervals of 1, 2, 5, 10, and 20 seconds. We could also check boxes labeled Every to have the program extract images after every number of frames or seconds we specified, as opposed to in total. Together with the drop-down list of total frames and the check box to sample Every Frame, Free Video to JPEG Converter offers enough combinations to sample a wide range of videos from beginning to end or to focus attention on certain passages or scenes. Few options confront the user: we could change the interface language and skin, display the log file, and set the program to shut our system down when done; and choose an output directory, but that's it.
We made our selections and started the process, which Free Video to JPEG Converter tracked in a pop-up. When the tool finished, we opened the destination folder. The program had saved our images in a folder labeled with the name of the video. The sequentially numbered JPEG images it created opened normally in our viewer. We were impressed with the quality of our new images, too.
Free Video to JPG Converter is a tool to make video snapshots and extract frames from video files to JPG files with one mouse click. It is an ideal tool to make photo galleries from your home video. You can extract for example every hundredth video frame or frames in every 10 seconds.
What's new in this version: - minor changes
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Delete unwanted scenes from video files.
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Rotate or flip videos and save them as AVI files.
- Take snapshots directly from your movie.
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Convert all video/audio formats with high definition and top sp...
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
- Convert videos to iPod MP4 video format.
- Add watermarks to your videos.
- Convert MTS and other popular video/audio files to any video an...
- Convert video files to MP4 format (H264, AAC) to playback on iP...
- Convert MKV videos to AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4 for playback on popula...
- Capture images from video files.
- Convert your video files to DVD format and burn them to DVD dis...
- Convert any formats video to iPad, iPhone, AVCHD, Blu-Ray, DVD.
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Join your video, image or audio files into one output video cli...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 11 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"install bunch of spam software"
Version: Free Video to JPG Converter 220.127.116.117
install a trial version software with limited capability
it install quite a few third part SW as well which took me 15mins to uninstall them and clear all extensions from my browser.
decided to uninstall it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: