Date Added:Dec. 23, 2011
Downloads Last Week:24
Product ranking:#9 in Animation Software
Results 1–6 of 6
- Depending on the capacity of your computer, it converts video to GIF with little to no time or effort. Judging on other entries, I'd say that some people just have slower systems or their computer might not support the program as well as others might.
- It didn't, for me, seem to come with any secret add-ons or hidden problems. So as far as I can tell, it's clean.
- It does what it's made for! It converts videos of various formats into GIF images.
- It can be a little slow at times, but let's admit you probably don't need to convert a 5+ minute clip into a huge GIF. If anything, you might need a 30 second snippet from it. If that's the case, I'd suggest using Any Video Converter to trim off what you don't want and keep what you do. Then the processing time can be significantly shortened!
- The frame removal window can be a little tedious, but if it's a problem, refer to the previous point.
- The program skimps a little on features. It does meet the requirements and it does what it's made for, but it would be nice if it could have some other features like adding text. At the same time, spending 5 minutes to edit extras onto the video file before conversion can prove helpful.
This program is definitely useful, and I'm sure it will prove so to others. It would be nice if a little more effort were put into features, but it meets its advertized function, and that's what makes it great!
Easy to use
Way to slow takes 3 to 7 min to process part of the video before you can create a gif
Way to slow if it were faster I would stick with this program
Reply by Willabee93 on January 6, 2014
I'm not sure if this will help you; but if you're trying to use a large video and only want a small portion of it turned into a GIF image, you should trim off the excess video you don't need. Leave a few seconds of cushion video to make sure you get the frames you need, but I'm sure it would prove a useful endeavor to cut out only what you need and then convert that video file into a GIF. If you want to give that idea a try, Windows Movie Maker can help, though I use Any Video Converter to trim. Good luck, and I hope this is of some help to you :)
none. i stopped mid-install fro a reason.
---> Agree with xanderak 100%, the downloader includes the toparcadehits.com adware which is a nightmare (Google it). Avoid at all costs.
Seriously, avoid at all costs. I am an IT professional, I know what I am doing, and this must be avoided, and should be removed from CNET.
-Easy, simple, streamlined, small footprint.
-Allows you to choose extraction FPS, from 1 to 20.
-DOES allow you to set dimensions for the frames, both constrained by aspect ratio, or not.
-Allows you to extract clips instead of the entire video, by entering the time to start extracting and the time to stop.
-Allows you to remove unwanted extracted frames.
-Allows you to set GIF FPS, or remain the same as the source.
-Can only do one file at a time...no batch operations.
-Resets all the parameters to default each time a file is loaded.
-If you set large extraction dimensions(width of 1024 or greater, dunno for height), a warning window pops up and you have to confirm the size before it will extract, which is unnecessary and annoying.
All in all this software is great. Does what it says it does, and well. The GIFs I've made with it are high-quality. It has a few annoying quirks, and I really wish it would perform batch conversions, but you can't have everything....and it's completely free, so why complain?
BTW, it is NOT adware-in fact it has no ads at all, nor does it attempt to install browser toolbars or anything, amazing for free software these days-it works quickly, it lets you save the file, and it actually gives CNet a GOOD name. I don't know what that guy was smokin'.
DOES NOT MAKE GIFS
had to use
won't let you save your gif
should be removed from site, gives cnet a bad name.
Easy, simple to use, you can choose when the clip starts and end, then delete/keep every single frame
doesn't let you choose size (dimensions) of .gif file to be generated
Add Your Review
Update Your Review
Submit Your Reply
E-mail This Review
Report Offensive Content
|Publisher web site||http://www.video-gif-converter.com|
|Release Date||December 18, 2011|
|Date Added||December 23, 2011|
|Category||Graphic Design Software|
|Operating Systems||Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Server 2008/7|
|Downloads Last Week||24|
- Video To Gif Converter
- Cute Video To Gif Converter
- Gif Converter
- Video To Animated Gif
- Gif Viewers
- Webm To Gif
- Free Video Converter
- Microsoft Gif Animator
- Gif Editor
- Free Jpg To Gif Converter
- Gif To Video Converter
- Free Gif Animator
- Gif Animator
- Create A Gif
- Animated Gif
- Gif Creator
- Gif Creater
- Video To Gif Creator