CNET Editors' reviewThe Fox Ping Toolbar retrieves detailed server information about the Web sites you visit, but only works with Internet Explorer. The toolbar isn't all that exciting, but you can dress it up a bit by changing the text and background colors or selecting from a list of standard fonts. It displays information, including IP address, server type, and URL, ticker-tape style across the toolbar. A menu lets you ping the site, trace its route, copy information to the clipboard, and look up the URL using Whois, although this last feature didn't appear to be enabled in the trial version. You can view the results from the application's output window or in Notepad, or copy it to the clipboard. The program includes a number of options presented in a utilitarian window with tabs for Log File, Ping/Trace, Display, and Help. Though advanced users will appreciate the number of ways to customize the output, novice users will probably find Fox Ping Toolbar too difficult to configure or benefit from. Intermediate to advanced IE users should certainly consider this no-frills but effective tool for obtaining Web site server details.
From Steve Foxover:
Fox Ping Toolbar adds ping, trace, and whois to Internet Explorer. It will display in Internet Explorer's toolbar various server information about the Web site you are visiting. It displays ping times, page load times, server type, IP address, and trace routes. It also shows advanced error and HTTP server header replies. You can keep the results in archived log files. Version 2.1 features some bugs fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Activate or De-Activate IE proxy server settings.
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Create your FTP Server and/or SSH2 Secure Shell Server.
- Set up a coin operated internet cafe kiosk PC-game timer.
- Create dial-up connections.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Analyze and view remote network computer statistics.
- Optimize your wireless network's channel and signal strength.