CNET Editors' review
Fotobounce for Mac gives you options to organize photos and identify faces for sharing to social networks, but it lacks many features present in other photo programs.
Free with advertisements, Fotobounce for Mac also has the option of purchasing a license for an ad-free experience. While the download completed quickly, installation required a number of steps, including installing a second program and the acceptance of two licensing agreements, which lengthened the process. The program did have user instructions through a Help menu, but the interface was well designed and the functions were clearly labeled. At startup, the user identifies the location of their digital photos. The application automatically scans them for faces. Thumbnails of the identified faces appear in a menu, where the user can label who they are. After labeling many of the thumbnails, the program failed to apply those labels to later ones of the same person, which was a disappointment. The program also links to Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr to automatically upload images. With the exception of the facial recognition problems, the remaining features all worked well.
While it had limited functioning issues, Fotobounce for Mac ultimately adds some useful features, but not enough above other programs to make it a must-have download for Mac users.
From Applied Recognition:
Fotobounce is a FREE photo organizer available for download from our website. It utilizes advanced face recognition technology to speed up the tagging and organizing of your photos. It also enables private peer networks for secure sharing. When you create an album, you can easily share that with your friends and family including all people tags. Email photos from your cell phone to Fotobounce directly via Fotomail. Send single photos or albums to Twitter. Two-way connections with Facebook, Flickr, Google, and AirSet. Remote browsing from Android via Fotobounce Viewer product.
What's new in this version: Better face recognition, order people based on popularity, improved speed.
More Products to Consider
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows, part of iLife '11.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Create, alter and manipulate photos.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Single-click, slideshow-based image sorting & more.
- Organize photos instead of just folders on the hard drive.
- Create logos and other web graphics that look like a Photoshop ...
- Make photo organizing fun and easy.
- Upload and manage photos.
- Create, edit, and enhance images.
- Change image size or clip image.
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- Create an image-from-images type of mosaic.
- Recover lost, deleted, or corrupt images, files, and multimedia...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
- Easily find, download and use images from Flickr.
- Create mosaics from smaller images.
- Find and remove duplicate images on your Mac.
- Professional yet easy to use and affordable automatic image enh...
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"Best way to organize and share photos."
Version: Fotobounce 3.6.0
Wow. I regret not getting this software earlier. For years I've just uploaded photos from my digital camera and left them in generic folders. I stumbled upon this software one day and decided what the heck, I'll give it a try. In barely no time I organized my photos into folders with categories for location, event, and with my own personal tags. I'm a Facebook addict so I liked being able to connect to Facebook. It's cool to be able to share with my friends and family who live in different cities.
None so far
Perfect for people like me who just let their photos sit, unorganized, on the computer. This is the best photo organizing software I've come across. Worth the download.
"Very easy to use, offers excellent private sharing."
Version: Fotobounce 3.6.0
Multiple Sorting Options:
you can organize photos into various album categories, such as events, places, collections, and keywords and create hierarchies, such as: Family / Wedding Anniversay / Horse show. The organizing possibilities are limitless. Excellent, quick and easy Facebook and Flickr integration. There is also an excellent mobile viewer that allows you to access all you photos directly from your PC.
Given that this is free I cant think of any cons.
I can't believe how organized my photos are now and how much time I have saved. Not too mention that I am now sharing photos with more friends and family.
"it is nonfunctional"
Version: Fotobounce 3.1.1
its reported capabilities
I can't get it working
Every time it quits unexpectedly
"The app quits every time in the initialization process."
Version: Fotobounce 3.1.0
It's capabilities are just what I wanted.
It won't load.
It loaded the first time then crashed afterward. I have given up trying to figure it out.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content