CNET Editors' review
We recently reviewed the regular version of FotoSketcher, and we gave it high marks for its intuitive interface and fun features. FotoSketcher Portable is a virtually identical program in a slightly smaller package. Either one is an excellent choice for those who enjoy adding special effects to their images.
We compared FotoSketcher and FotoSketcher Portable and didn't find much in the way of differences, aside from the fact that the portable version is about 1MB smaller than the regular one and runs without installation. The header across the top of the interface labels the full version as Version 2.0 and the portable one as Version 2.10, and the versions have slightly different color schemes, but other than that they seemed identical. Like the full version, FotoSketcher Portable displays the original image and the edited one side by side, making it easy to compare the two. There are a variety of effects that can be applied to images, including pencil sketch, pen and ink, and painting, and each effect can be customized with settings for the size of the brushstrokes, the color intensity, the strength of the effect, brightness, and so on. Although there's no true Help file, there is an online video tutorial, and the program's creator maintains a blog with tips and tricks. Overall, we thought that FotoSketcher Portable was a lot of fun to use and that it created high-quality results.
The fact that the portable version doesn't sacrifice any of the features of the full version makes this program a great choice for image editing on the go.
FotoSketcher Portable is a program which can help you convert your digital photos into art, automatically. You can create stunning images to make original gifts for your friends or relatives. Create birthday cards, season's greetings stationery, or simply print your work of art and hang it on the wall. Different styles are available: pencil sketch, pen and ink drawing, various painting renderings. You can also improve your original photo with simple tools.
What's new in this version: Version 2.41 fixed a bug concerning frames.
More Products to Consider
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Manage, edit, and share your photos.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Turn digital photos into drawings or paintings.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Convert your photos to sketches.
- Scan and remove imperfections from your photos.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Add your photo into different beautiful templates.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Convert images into different formats in a batch mode.
- Provide a simple calculator for home use.
- Capture screenshots with ease.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"love this product"
Version: FotoSketcher Portable 2.25
i do a lot of art quilting and embroidery and i love my photo to sketch. i take pics and turn them into black and white line drawings. i dont use the color section, just black and white, but am very happy with it
if there is a lot of small details the sketcher doesnt know how to divide it all and you wind up with a lot of stuff inside the lines you dont want.
i have downloaded photo to sketch several times and try to keep it on my computor at all times.
"good software - it works perfectly"
Version: FotoSketcher Portable 2.0
It's free and works on any removable device. easy interface, it can well use the non-expert users
Nothing at this moment that I don't like
program recommended for all users
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content