CNET Editors' review
We recently reviewed the regular version of FotoSketcher, and we gave it high marks for its intuitive interface and fun features. FotoSketcher Portable is a virtually identical program in a slightly smaller package. Either one is an excellent choice for those who enjoy adding special effects to their images.
We compared FotoSketcher and FotoSketcher Portable and didn't find much in the way of differences, aside from the fact that the portable version is about 1MB smaller than the regular one and runs without installation. The header across the top of the interface labels the full version as Version 2.0 and the portable one as Version 2.10, and the versions have slightly different color schemes, but other than that they seemed identical. Like the full version, FotoSketcher Portable displays the original image and the edited one side by side, making it easy to compare the two. There are a variety of effects that can be applied to images, including pencil sketch, pen and ink, and painting, and each effect can be customized with settings for the size of the brushstrokes, the color intensity, the strength of the effect, brightness, and so on. Although there's no true Help file, there is an online video tutorial, and the program's creator maintains a blog with tips and tricks. Overall, we thought that FotoSketcher Portable was a lot of fun to use and that it created high-quality results.
The fact that the portable version doesn't sacrifice any of the features of the full version makes this program a great choice for image editing on the go.
FotoSketcher Portable is a program which can help you convert your digital photos into art, automatically. You can create stunning images to make original gifts for your friends or relatives. Create birthday cards, season's greetings stationery, or simply print your work of art and hang it on the wall. Different styles are available: pencil sketch, pen and ink drawing, various painting renderings. You can also improve your original photo with simple tools.
What's new in this version: Version 2.50 has included "Linear halftoning" effect and added Serbian translation.
More Products to Consider
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Turn digital photos into drawings or paintings.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Scan and remove imperfections from your photos.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Light up your portrait photos with a single click.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"love this product"
Version: FotoSketcher Portable 2.25
i do a lot of art quilting and embroidery and i love my photo to sketch. i take pics and turn them into black and white line drawings. i dont use the color section, just black and white, but am very happy with it
if there is a lot of small details the sketcher doesnt know how to divide it all and you wind up with a lot of stuff inside the lines you dont want.
i have downloaded photo to sketch several times and try to keep it on my computor at all times.
"good software - it works perfectly"
Version: FotoSketcher Portable 2.0
It's free and works on any removable device. easy interface, it can well use the non-expert users
Nothing at this moment that I don't like
program recommended for all users
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content