FortiClient 5 for Mac OS X is a free endpoint protection suite that includes malware/virus detection, parental web control, and VPN. Malware is detected using updated threat intelligence and definitions from Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs. Parental control offers a simple and effective way to block malicious and explicit web sites. VPN configuration allows quick and easy secure, remote access via IPSec or SSL protocols.
FortiClient 5 leverages FortiClient's Antivirus technology, developed in-house by Fortinet. FortiClient Antivirus has achieved more than twenty VB100 awards and is capable of detecting threats on both a reactive and proactive basis. Proactive detection is based on detecting zero-day malware that has never been seen before in the wild.
FortiClient 5 is an enterprise class suite designed for the world's largest enterprise environments including Fortune 1000 companies, federal and state agencies, and customers that require the ultimate in a fully modular protection suite capable of power beyond Antivirus.
FortiClient 5 is fully integrated with FortiGate, FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer for management, deployment and central logging/reporting.
What's new in this version: 5.0.5 includes VPN auto-connect and always-up, Safe search support, cloud based Antivirus
More Products to Consider
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Remote control any Mac over the internet within seconds.
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- Find and map 802.11b/g/n wireless networks.
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- Auto connect to Wi-Fi hotspots which need username & password.
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- Enterprise/standard edition database server.
- Manage, update and maintain enterprise deployments of Apple dev...
- Point-and-click your way through the package creation process.
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Mount remotely another Mac with full root access to it.
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- Use just one tool to check (X)HTML, accessibility, spelling and...
- Version control system that uses SCM protocol.
- Make configuring your Apache Web Server, DNS, and FTP simpler.
- Foreign exchange/precious metal rate...
- Git front-end with a history viewer.
- Have every device on your network at your fingertips.
- Input manager fix for EOModeler & WebObjectsBuilder.
- Display machines, Mac users, IPs on the local network.
- Easily test and measure the performance of your home or office ...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Happy to be rid of it"
Version: FortiClient 5.0.5
It might be good at blocking viruses, but there's no way to know
The parental controls seem to have been preset by some right-wing Christian extremist and I was unable to change the settings. I mean, come on — "alternative beliefs" (as beneficial and innocuous as meditation) are harmful to children? Hello? Many good and uplifting sites were blocked and it's a pain to send a message for each one. If I remember correctly, guns and war games were allowed! Now that's something I would have been more inclined to block.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content