CNET Editors' review
Some fonts are better suited for certain projects than others, but it's not always easy to preview and compare fonts to make the best decision. FontViewOK is a lightweight font viewer that lets you do exactly that. It's nothing fancy, but it's a great way to easily see what fonts look like in a variety of styles.
The program's interface is plain, consisting mostly of just a list of fonts. You can enter custom text with which to preview the fonts, and can also see what the fonts look like bolded, italicized, struck-through, and underlined, as well as in different sizes and colors. To compare fonts, you can split the screen and display side-by-side lists, making it easy to analyze the differences between fonts or find fonts that go well together. We liked that the program has the ability to print font lists, as well as a print preview feature. The only real drawback we found to FontViewOK was its lack of Help file, but this isn't a serious issue, as everything about the program is pretty intuitive. We also wished that the font list was searchable, instead of depending solely on a drop-down menu, but this is a relatively minor complaint. Overall, FontViewOK doesn't have as many features as some of the other font managers we've seen, but it's a nice, lightweight way to view and compare fonts.
FontViewOK comes as a ZIP file and is accessible after extraction with no need for installation. We recommend this program to everyone.
From Nenad Hrg:
FontViewOK creates a quick visual overview of all installed fonts. The deployment is so simple a help file is not required. It features quick overview of all fonts, printing with print preview function, changeable font size, style and color, and an installation of FontViewOK is not required.
It features quick overview and comparisons of all fonts, printing with print preview function, changeable font size, style and color, list all fonts from a specific folder, and dual font preview for quick comparisons of fonts.
What's new in this version: Version 3.65 fixed the bug for Windows Server operating systems.
More Products to Consider
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- View DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings.
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Display all installed fonts on your computer.
- Make your CAD works in powerful DWG-compatible environment.
- Get visual access to currently opened or minimized windows.
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Generate buttons with the images of your shortcuts.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Add FTP support to your programs.
- Protect your USB drives and data.
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Manage, install, and uninstall visual styles from your system.
- Convert PDF to most applications.
- Play complex sounds and get visual feedback.
- Create Adobe PDF files with the push of a button.
- Add visual button styles to your applications.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Open and view GIS/CAD or raster image files.
- Create Barcodes from your .NET Applications - ASP.NET, WinFrom,...
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- View all installed fonts on your PC.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 12 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: