CNET Editors' review
Whether you're just sick of always seeing the same yellow color on your Windows folders or you want to organize your folders to make things easier to find, this free application from Softorino makes it easy to customize your folders with just about any color.
Folder Colorizer, once installed, will add a Colorize option to your Windows Explorer context menu. The application is simple and easy to use. Just right click on the folder you want to colorize, and either choose from the default color options or access the Color circle and pick a custom color using your mouse. You follow the same easy steps to recolor a folder.
Folder Colorizer is a small, free program that makes it easy to jazz up your folders in just a few clicks. The application installs and uninstalls cleanly.
Folder Colorizer allows you to assign any color to any folder. Just right-click a folder and choose "Colorize". It supports your own colors, labels, and works seamlessly with any version of Windows.
More Products to Consider
- Set an icon, background image, and description for your folders...
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Customize your desktop folder icons.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Access documents, music, photos, e-mail, and Webcams from remot...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Rotate your desktop wallpapers.
- Place the Windows Quick Launch folder on your desktop.
- Customize your folder appearance with colors and pictures.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Watch water dropping on your screen.
- Compare, update, backup, and synchronize files and folders.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Convert your Text Image file folders to ASCII Text.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Create unique screensavers and wallpaper, and save them to your...
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Extend effects for your icons and folders.
- Choose a folder of pictures and scatter randomly across your de...
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Slow & Doesn't Always Work"
Version: Folder Colorizer 1.2
The custom color picker is great! You can even name your colors so you can keep track of project or customer color codes.
The install process is annoying. The program has stopped working five minutes after I downloaded it.
The file you download here at Cnet is not the program or even an installer for the program. It's a little program that pops open a new browser window (not necessarily the browser you're actually using) and takes you to a web page about Folder Colorizer. At the bottom of that web page is the link to download the actual program. The installation is quick.
The first time you try to use Folder Colorizer a box will pop up asking you to give them an email address to activate the program. DON'T uncheck the "send me spam" box. If you do, clicking Activate won't do anything. I was stalled on that for a few minutes before I tried rechecking the box. Wouldn't you know that the Activation went through on the first try after that?
The custom color function is brilliant, and I dearly love that you can rename the colors. That adds a whole new level of functionality when you can right click and bring up a list of colors that actually say things like, "New Project Purple" or "Customer Photo Pink". You'll always be able to remember what the colors actually mean!
Providing, of course, you can get the folders to turn color. I got exactly one folder to change color, and now the program isn't working anymore. I can right click and call up the Colorizer menu, but when I click on a color, nothing happens. My folders aren't changing color, even after closing and reopening the window. The custom color screen won't load at all anymore.
I'm really annoyed that the program has stopped working, because this could be a very brilliant program that would do so much for organizing my files.
Version: Folder Colorizer 1.2
Simple install, and fun. I recommend making light colors to use.
Asks for an email to activate it. No problem, I gave an enemy's email. lol It went through.
Nice little program.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content