CNET Editors' review
Focus Photoeditor emphasizes digital photography but does just about everything other graphics packages can do, with a few twists of its own. It has automatic features for quick photo fixes, but it's also easy to use it to draw, paint, and create custom graphics. It includes an advanced image browser and a Web album wizard, too.
Focus Photoeditor's menu bar features clearly labeled functions that are logically and intuitively grouped, which makes them easy to find and understand. There's the usual File, Edit, and Help menus, but most controls are labeled descriptively, such as Color, Noise/Sharpness, Exposure, and Tasks. The layout is typical of full-featured photo editors, with tabs, layers, icon-based toolbars, and sliders. The similarity is more than skin deep, since Photoeditor is compatible with many Adobe Photoshop features, including its Filters Host Application. One of Photoeditor's differences we like is the Layers function's separate tabs for image and text layers. We tried the selection, color, and drawing tools with both a mouse and a Wacom pen, both of which gave excellent control, though pen compatibility isn't perfect; for instance, hovering over a tool with the pen doesn't bring up the tool's label, which it does with the mouse.
Focus Photoeditor is shareware that is free to try for 30 days, though the trial version puts a watermark on images. It's listed as working in Windows versions 95 to Vista, but we tested it in Windows 7 and it worked fine. It's a highly capable and intuitive photo editor, and we recommend it.
Focus Photoeditor is an image and photo editor, picture retouching tool, web album creator, image browser and Photoshop Filters Host Application. It also has the ability to correct digital photos, it has many rich tools and effects found in much more expensive professional tools. And there are also many tools you can hardly find elsewhere.
More Products to Consider
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Adjust, retouch, and fix your photos in a simple way.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Stitch photos into Panorama.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Burn all popular video and audio files to DVD disc, DVD folder,...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Scan and remove imperfections from your photos.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1