From Tatsuhiro Nishioka:
FlightGear Flight Simulator is an open-source flight simulator created by the FlightGear project. Source code for the entire project is available from a CVS repository and licensed under GNU General Public License (GPL). FlightGear 1.0 was released in December 2007 (v1.0 Gallery). FlightGear has been in the midst of a software architecture transition from PLIB to OSG. The goals of the FlightGear project include creating a sophisticated flight simulator framework for use in research or academic environments, for the development and pursuit of other interesting flight simulation ideas, and as an end-user application. It can be expanded and improved upon by anyone interested in contributing, and has many related projects.
This version is the first release on CNET Download.com.
What's new in this version:
FlightGear 2.6.0 has so many new features, enhancements, and improvements since 2.4.0. Some major changes include:
- Aircraft Operations
- At selected airports, FlightGear can automatically start at an appropriate parking spot based on the size and type of your aircraft.
- At airports which support this feature, a visual display of the taxi route on the ground guides you to the active runway, while following the correct taxiways.
- AI system / AI Traffi... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Fly various missions or fly against your friends over the Inter...
- Sims 2 game update.
- Play a one-act interactive drama.
- Use peashooters, wall-nuts, cherry bombs and more to mulchify z...
- Realtime strategy game.
- Play solitaire with 3D effects.
- Real-time strategy game.
- Save the human race from invading aliens in this fun arcade-typ...
- Borderlands 2 saved game editor.
- Version 1.1 Update for Spider Man 2 Third-person action adventu...
- Action-packed side-scrolling helicopter game.
- The Hardest Action Game You Will Play This Year (no, seriously)...
- Outline home plans, lay out furniture & view the results in 3D.
- Adventure game to explore worlds and build structures.
- Solitaire card games with handcrafted artwork.
- Online multiplayer 3D tank battle game.
- Create and play realistic jigsaw puzzles on your Mac with your ...
- Popular house life simulation game.
- Space planetarium fly-thru/simulation software.
- Atari 2600 emulator.
- Converter and management app for iPod music and videos.
- Build and operate your own zoo.
- Management of multiple projects.
- The Locas really do put the fun back in funeral in Grave Mania:...
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: FlightGear 2.6.0-RC1
It's free. that's all I can say
I was able to get the window asking what kind of plane and airport. but when pressing "Start Flight", nothing happened. I tried a few different things, but nothing happened and it simply quit by itself
"It is alright"
Version: FlightGear 1.0
It is Free
Sometimes is a bit buggy, flight is a bit unstable, no real support for interfaces other than keyboard