CNET Editors' review
Firegraphic has the look and feel of a basic image viewer that realized it could be much more.
It starts up with a standard thumbnail manager of your My Pictures folder that includes an Explorer-style file tree with a drag-and-drop thumbnail tray for later use. It also previews thumbnails when you mouse over an unopened folder. The app supports a diverse range of image formats, including PSD, RAW and RAS, but once you select an image, the range of editing tools would be unimpressive if Firegraphic was any more expensive.
Fortunately, it's reasonably affordable for what it does. The emphasis is on viewing the image, so the main interface is clutter-free. This maximizes screen space, which is useful for the integrated slide show; the downside is that all the major editing tools live in drop-down menus and don't have individual buttons. There is an adjustments icon in the toolbar, but clicking it reveals a menu, requiring another step before you can begin to alter the photo and thus defeating the time-saving purpose of a one-click toolbar.
Impressively, the app can both burn images to CD and acquire them from a scanner, but it's a resource-hogging program that we found erratically sluggish. Firegraphic is a good lightweight image viewer, but isn't up to the task of in-depth editing.
Firegraphic is an image viewer for photography professionals, Web, and graphic designers to import, organize, view, edit, print, and share their digital images. The new Firegraphic has improved its memory usage and consumes very low memory, which leaves more memory for you to edit your photos in the image editor. Firegraphic now supports the RAW file formats from digital cameras. Firegraphic gives you the ability to open multiple photos in the Viewer and compare photos side-by-side to choose your best shot. You also can customize the tools in your toolbar and the Context menu in the Viewer. The Firegraphic user interface lets you change the skin color and edit photos with a third-party image editor.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Convert multiple EPS files into PDF.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Show your photos to whole world in Internet.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- View and share your digital photos and create online albums.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Import, rename, and organize all of your photos.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Customize and share your digital photo album.
- Sync, store, and share your photos.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Organize, burn, and create a slideshow using your digial images...
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Manage, edit, and share your digital pictures, create online fl...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Send any photo from your computer or online photo site to your ...
- Create a large panorama image to be displayed in a Web browser.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-8 of 8
"Had a virus"
Version: Firegraphic 8.0.805
I didn't get to use it
Norton found it had a virus
When I downloaded the program Norton flagged the program as having a virus!
"Poorly construed program"
Version: Firegraphic 9.0.900
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
This program is clearly inferior to others out there including ACDsee. It is a poor copycat that will does not perform with the same speed or dexterity.
"Terrible program. Not worth a free trial."
Version: Firegraphic 8.5
None, unless you like to have your computer freeze and require a restart every other time you use the program, and don't mind having files erased from your hard disk.
I downloaded this program and it erased all of my photos. Fortunately I had backed them up so I did not lose anything of value. This program is buggy and caused my system to crash 5 times out of the 9 times I opened it. Not recommended for anyone (except maybe your worst enemy, but even that may be too cruel).
"Overrated by Cnet"
Version: Firegraphic 7.1.718
When does a graphic person not have a need for memory or space?
it leaked memory in tests and lacked some features.
Version: Firegraphic 7.0.713
didn't really like this, and now it will not un-install
"Cool Soft but Lacks something..."
Version: Firegraphic 7.0.713
It really performs well on managing photos, and it has a lot of cool features that I wish ACDSee had.. It has a cool mouseover preview that I love, customizable skin color, fast image viewing and more...
It lacks the Previous/Next button in viewer mode, your mouse has to have a wheel so that you can move to next/previous picture in viewer mode.
"Just awful, really awful"
Version: Firegraphic 7.0.711
Slow, bulky, odd interface and has not gotten better in recent versions.
"Great photo management and editing app!"
Version: Firegraphic 7.0.711
Third to ACDSee PowerPack and Ashampoo Photo Commander! Great interface! Oodles of features!
I bought it, but i think they fooled me. I tried to contact support, but they didn't reply. They gave me a fake serial number. I contacted support lots of times, but it never replied. I won't recommend this for that fault. Too bad, `cuz it's a great app.