CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the Android Market where you must continue the download process. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
Most high-end cameras have a burst-shooting option -- that is, they can take a series of pictures at a high rate of speed. This feature is not often seen in smartphones, but many people would love it to be. Fast Burst Camera Lite brings this great feature to Android devices. While the application works for the most part, it does have some serious disadvantages.
Fast Burst Camera Lite loads quickly and the installation is not complex at all. Upon opening the application the user is greeted with a pretty rough-looking user interface. The viewfinder takes up the whole screen and a solitary shutter button is located in one corner. The button is a flat gray in color and is slightly pixelated, as though not created in a high-enough resolution. To capture multiple pictures the user simply holds the shutter button for the desired amount of time. As the pictures are captured, loud shutter sounds chime out of the device. This sound can be disabled.
Once the pictures have been captured, the user can browse through them or share them via social media. The picture quality is pretty bad. Lighting is imperative because the focus seems to not function properly. Some images may turn out okay, but the quality is totally random. Once the application is closed and reopened, a request for an upgrade pops up on the screen. This notification appears every time the application is opened until an upgrade is purchased. The upgrade is supposed to allow the device to use flash and focus while taking the pictures. These seem to be pretty basic features for taking a picture and perhaps should have been already included.
Even though it seems very enticing, Fast Burst Camera Lite falls short. Its performance is not good, and the upgrade pop-ups are annoying. With basic picture-taking features such as focus and flash missing, picture quality is incredibly poor. Even the user interface is not up to par.
This is the fastest camera app available for Android. Not even the newest iPhones are able to shoot this fast.Fast Burst Camera is capable of taking 30 photos per second. ( on low-end devices, 5-10 photos per second is possible ) Hold shoot button for continuous burst, or tap for fast single shotsZero shutter lag - pictures are taken as soon as shutter button is pressed.Full version only : Supports flash, focus and zoom. Shutter sound can be turned of. Great for - sports shots- pictures of kids or pets- party camera - taking a burst of pictures in an important situation, and pick the best later- analyse your golf swing frame-by-frame Tips for good burst photos- get as much light as possible - especially when capturing things or people in motion- keep the camera steady - hold the shoot button for continuous bursts, and pick the good shots later Also works on Xoom / HoneycombNote : due to the high speed, pictures are not taken in the highest resolution possible. tags : fast camera, hdr, vignette, picsay, kids, pets, dogs, cats, camera360, action snapRecent changes:Improved performance when shooting.Fixed memory crash issue.Content rating: Everyone
What's new in this version: Improved performance when shooting.Fixed memory crash issue.
More Products to Consider
- Correct and enhance photos form all possible angles.
- The best camera application for portraits, 'Cymera'.
- Change your photos into works of art.
- Awesome PicsArt Studio!.
- Enhance, transform, and share your photos easily.
- More than 600 effects, overlays, and borders to personalize any...
- Edit and share photos virtually anywhere. Access them all on Ph...
- Edit your photos with effects, stickers, and texts on your Andr...
- Attach pictures directly from your Android device' camera.
- Share your pictures on Facebook automatically.
- Troll your friends! Create rage faced photos and share created ...
- Apply magnifying glass with 3D effect, the light, and the macro...
- Age your face and make a face look older as you can.
- The Beauty Studio is a great tool to make-up photos on your And...
- Automatically adds a scary ghost on maked photo!.
- Photo application that lets you edit photos with filters and ef...
- Edit images and photos in the most intuitive way.
- This camera app lets you see camera effects in real-time and ca...
- Combine multiple photos in fancy frames, add text caption and p...
- Shout at your phone, and it will take a picture of you and your...
- PicStory - Tell your story!.
- Grab your toddler's attention before you take a picture with th...
- PIP Camera is the best companion for self-snapshots! Make your ...
- This is an application to make synthetic pictures simply.