Faronics Anti-Executable allows only approved applications to run on a computer or server. Any other programs, whether they are unwanted, unlicensed, or simply unnecessary, are blocked from executing. Anti-Executable works on a "whitelist" principle. Any program that is not on the white list is considered unauthorized and will not install or run. With the number and complexity of malware threats steadily increasing, relying solely on definition-based anti-malware solutions to ensure security is no longer enough. Anti-Executable offers a necessary additional layer of protection to the existing "blacklist" solutions such as antivirus software without the need for definition updates.
What's new in this version: Version 3.60.2100.426 features publisher entries for Whitelist and Blacklist
More Products to Consider
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Transfer, copy, and move files quickly and securely.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Show the world what you mean using diagrams and schemes.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Unearth the thirteen legendary temples.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Use a collection of codecs and DirectShow filters to watch medi...
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Solved Spyware Headaches"
Version: Faronics Anti-Executable Standard 2.20.001.255
Prevents viruses and spyware from getting into business systems
Install Anti-Executable after you have all desired software loaded to avoid having to edit the White List.
We have three instances of Anti-Exec running in our network.
The first instance was installed on a remote technician's laptop after he repeatedly used poor judgment in visiting ?inappropriate? websites and in downloading "questionable" content. Before Anti-Executable, we were spending hours a month cleaning up messes on this particular laptop, despite counseling the user and having management intervene. After Anti-Executable: Not another problem!
The other two instances are on courtesy PCs we have in the lobbies of two of our locations for customers to use. Anti-Executable has kept these computers free of viruses and spyware.
The novel thing about this product is that it works by only allowing approved executables to run, as opposed to traditional antivirus that allows anything not on the blacklist to run. In my opinion, the problem with the blacklist approach is that the list must constantly be updated and there is always a window of time between when a virus is initially emerges and when the blacklist updated on the end user's workstation.
The only downside to this product is that an authorized user must edit the white list to allow new software to run. This is somewhat inconvenient. However, in a corporate environment, I really don?t see this as a negative. The minor inconvenience to occasionally edit a white list is much less trouble than cleaning up a mess caused by malware.
"Installation and refund."
Version: Faronics Anti-Executable Standard 2.10.000.228
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
Concept is good. Execution is flawed. Database of files should not be part of the registry. Thus, allowing a fix if system does an incomplete installation -- Nothing documented for repairs and there's plenty of warning in the manual. I had to reinstall OS. This too much of an inconvience. I wouldn't purchase this without further reviews from end users -- and esp. hobbyists.
There are other products on the market see 'exe lockdown' by www.horizondatasys.com
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content