CNET Editors' note: The Download Now link will direct you to a page on the developer's site where you can buy the software.
Ancestry.com Family Tree Maker 2012 makes it easy to discover your family history. With a membership to Ancestry.com included, you'll have FREE access to 5 billion U.S. historical records, photos, news stories and other family trees. Collaborate with the largest, most active family history community in the world. You could easily find other members researching your ancestors and if you do, compare notes and discover more together. Beginners enjoy Ancestry.com Family Tree Maker's easy navigation, tree-building tools and search capabilities to quickly grow their family tree. Experts appreciate the program's robust feature set.
Now with TreeSync Sync Family Tree Maker on the desktop and online Ancestry.com trees to keep trees up-to-date wherever you are. Build your tree using Family Tree Maker and upload it to Ancestry.com. Whether you're working online or on your desktop, you can always keep your trees in sync with just the click of a button. (Even update your tree using our FREE iPhone and iPad apps) Share your tree with other family members and choose who can update it.
What's new in this version: Version 220.127.116.119 features TreeSync: access and update your family tree anytime and anywhere. When you link a desktop and online tree together, you can update either tree and then synchronize those changes into the other tree. Other new features include: combined family view, simplified interface for upgrades, improved Smart Stories, more chart options, new reports, new and updated help and tutorials.
More Products to Consider
- Build a genealogy tree using scanned photos.
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Research your family history and create charts, reports, Web si...
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Build your family tree site with pictures/video and upload it t...
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Record, view, edit, and merge GEDCOM data and create charts and...
- Manage and track your genealogy information.
- Create, edit, and delete family trees.
- Find out how to become a family historian.
- Create and publish your family tree.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Track, organize, print, and share your family history.
- Create and export charts of life key events.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
- Establish wiki and application platform for communities and ent...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Create your complete family tree and keep the stories alive for...
All versions:1.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Unstable, a pain to obtain new reg. key when it crashes"
Version: Family Tree Maker 2012 18.104.22.1689
Easy to use initially.
Crashes often. When finally required a re-install, it refused my key as "invalid due to too many uses". Only used for one install. A third party manages the keys and they are totally uninterested in customer support. No response to requests for help.
I would not recommend this software for anyone. Earlier versions worked very well, but this latest variation is horrible from a user prospective.
Using 2014 version on Windows 7
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: