CNET Editors' note: Please contact the developer for pricing information.
CNET Editors' review
EyeCare Player provides a new software tool for viewing videos that slightly enhances the experience over similar players. With a great layout and performance that lives up to its billing, this program largely pleased us.
The viewer's interface is sleek and professional, with an excellent layout. EyeCare Player's controls are intuitive and easy to use, thanks to being largely limited to a few important command buttons. We liked the ability to create playlists within EyeCare. We whipped one up that showed us several short videos in quick succession. However, you can also watch entire DVDs, which makes EyeCare Player that much more versatile. The program also provides several standard video-watching features, ranging from audio and ratio customization to other nitpicky details that will likely only appeal to video buffs. We weren't blown away by the picture quality. While the colors did seem crisper and the light more balanced on the videos we tested, it wasn't a cinematic revolution. It wasn't useless, either; rather, the improvements were subtle, which will probably make for better long-term viewing.
EyeCare Player has a split screen during its trial period. It comes as a compressed file and installs desktop icons without permission. While it didn't knock our socks off, its picture quality was better than average; it's not a huge improvement over other players, but we felt it was enough to recommend this program.
From EyeCare Technology:
By making the most of Dual Core CPU's and its patented powerful algorithm, EyeCare Player is able to tune every frame of your favourite videos and adjust the brightness and contrast only in the elements that should be adjusted. By this, only the part of the videos which is unnatural to the eyes will be tuned. It also uses its engine to enhance the smallest details like strands of hair, to make them more noticeable and natural for your eyes. With EyeCare Player you will be able to store and playback your favourite YouTube videos just with a right click, the quality of the videos played will be 2x with EyeCare's engine.
What's new in this version: Version 2010.1.0.112 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Play and edit videos.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play DVD, VOB, IFO, AVI, FLV, and over 30 media formats.
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Play Flash FLV video files on your PC.
- Play media files of any type.
- Quickly embed a video player into your Web site, customize it e...
- Play up to 12 videos simultaneously.
- Play audio and video files in this media-player.
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Play media files in MKV format quickly and easily with minimum ...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Store and manage all your digital media files including music, ...
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Record screen activities to video & convert and join videos or ...
- Play DVD, Flash, MOV, 3GP, DivX, and all others popular media f...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- View Flash and HTML5 videos on your PC.
- Play and watch your favorite movies in DVD, VCD, and SVCD forma...
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Edit your audio and video files in real time.
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Detected as trojan downloader"
Version: EyeCare Player 2010.1.0.12
I didn't see any.
I didn't notice anything different. The picture was lighter but if you look at the detail it's the same. If one wants to improve picture quality I think it has to be tweaked individually. This software is offered as a fix-all, but I think it's just a settings enhancement which may improve the look of some videos, but not others.
My spyware software detected this as a trojan downloader when the full scan was used.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: