CNET Editors' review
Those who run small or home-based businesses need a method to track their business accounts. Express Accounts Free for Mac performs all expected accounting functions well and is simple enough for average users to operate.
Download and installation of Express Accounts Free for Mac finished quickly. The initial menu is one for additional programs that the user can download for additional functions, such as invoicing and point-of-sale applications. While it is not clear if there is technical support, tutorials are available through a link to the developer's Web site. The main menu is basic, but the major functions are easy to distinguish with a row of buttons along the top of the window. Users can set up invoices and receipts, as well as perform functions for reporting and more. Clicking on areas for payments or invoices brings up a separate screen where the details of each transaction can be entered. These submenus are basic, but functional and easy to use. At the window's bottom left, there is a section displaying the balances of main accounts along with accounts payable and receivable.
While basic, Express Accounts Free for Mac functions well as an accounting program and would be useful for those operating small businesses.
From NCH Software:
Express Accounts is professional small business accounting software for Mac OS X that allows you to track and report incoming and outgoing cash flow including sales, receipts, payments and purchases for a single or multiple companies. Create journal entries for payments, purchases, receipts and deposits. Standard reports include such as profit & loss statements and Balance Sheets with the ability to email or fax directly from the application. Multiple users can access the data files to update entries and more through a web based console.
Express Accounts Mac Accounting Software features:
* Set up and manage one or multiple companies
* Track outgoing payment and purchasing transactions
* Track incoming sales and receipts
* Input journal entries manually
* Reports include balance sheet and profit & loss plus more
* Regional format settings include currency symbol, end of financial year, decimal point display and paper size
* Send reports automatically by email or fax
What's new in this version: General Updates and Bug Fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Professional small business accounting software.
- Manage your financial accounts.
- Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook suite of applications.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Entourage suite.
- View & print PDF files.
- Open-source office productivity suite with Microsoft Office com...
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Entourage suite.
- Productivity suite: Pages, Keynote, Numbers.
- Convert PDFs into the Word, Excel, and PowerPoint formats gener...
- Word processor & page layout app.
- Always keep your invoices and estimates at a glance.
- Print shipping labels with USPS postage for all of your online ...
- Viewer for NFO, ASC, DIZ files.
- Convert your wealth between 174 world currencies.
- Use six feature-rich apps for document production and data proc...
- Bridge between OpenOffice/NeoOffice spreadsheets and Java class...
- Mikogo is a free desktop sharing tool for web conferencing with...
- Messaging & collaboration client.
- Go Writer is a clever word processor to help you accomplish you...
- PowerPoint-compatible presentation tool.
- E-banking software for Swiss financial institutes.
- Split, combine and reorder PDF files.
- Professional business invoicing software for Mac OS X.
- Finance manager for individuals & small business.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Express Accounts Free 4.52
Accounting & Invoicing In Single Application, Internet Access From Multiple Locations.
DISHONEST COMPANY, THEY WILL NOT REFUND YOUR MONEY EVEN WHEN THEY PROMISE TO.
I'm an Apple dealer and service provider. I was looking for a quick and simple cash based accounting program that also did invoicing and could be accessed from more than one office. I thought this program would fit the bill. I downloaded the supposedly free version but you get no support (including the ability to ask pre-sales questions). I unfortunately made the mistake of purchasing the program, the invoicing app as well as a service contract in the hopes that they would answer questions. Upon receiving the purchase confirmation I was informed that the "support" only allowed a minimal number of technical questions, and that once the program was activated I could not request a refund. Not my idea of a reliable company to deal with, especially where your company's finances are concerned. Furthermore, they NEVER respond to a support request. Therefore, I immediately requested a refund, which I was told would be processed in 10-14 days (even though THEY TOOK MY MONEY IMMEDIATELY)! It has now been nearly 6 weeks and despite multiple eMail demanding my refund and their form responses telling me over and over again it will be processed in 10-14 days I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY MONEY BACK. Find another software app because this company is dishonest to the point of absurdity.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content