CNET Editors' review
Exif Pilot Pro is a simple program that allows you to analyze and edit the EXIF information for a digital photo. While it certainly won't win any design awards, we found it very easy to operate.
The user interface is pretty basic: menu items run across the top; a tree-menu for browsing files sits on the left, with customizable columns for the image's focal length, aperture, exposure, and flash in the middle. A right-hand preview pane displays the selected image and its EXIF information. We used the tree menu to quickly locate a digital picture we'd taken. The Edit Exif option introduced a tabbed pop-up window that let us input our image's EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data. The EXIF information included artist, copyright, and camera model and manufacturer. The GPS fields asked for latitude, longitude, and altitude information. And under the Edit IPTC tab, we were able to quickly input the image's name, headline, byline, credit, copyright, and more. Once we clicked OK, the information appeared on the right for easy, at-a-glance access. The program also lets you import and export your data in several file formats, including XML, MS Excel, and CSV, which we were successfully able to do without any issues. Should you need it, a Help feature is available, but even novices will find this program easy to navigate.
The trial version only allows three EXIF edits per session. Also, the program did leave behind a folder after uninstallation. Still, we recommend Exif Pilot Pro for all users.
From Two Pilots:
Exif Pilot Pro is software for the edition and analysis of EXIF data (information that indicates digital camera settings and picture taking conditions). This product allows you to view, create, and edit the EXIF, EXIF GPS and IPTC data.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Organize, edit, and arrange your photos into slide shows.
- Copy, organize, and share pictures/movies from digital cameras ...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Transfer, convert, process, and catalog pictures from your digi...
- Ddownload, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- View, browse, edit, and manipulate digital images.
- Resize photos using a smart interpolation algorithm to preserve...
- Manage your photo collection and edit your images with special ...
- View EXIF, EXIF GPS, and IPTC data of your images.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Rename your digital photos with the date they were shot.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Locate digital photos on your hard drive and back them up on CD...