CNET Editors' review
The free Eusing Launcher frees your desktop by organizing icons in a unique, circular layout that appears and vanishes with hot keys. Icons get lost in the crowd in conventional Windows desktops, but Eusing Launcher's customizable circle not only makes it easier to remember where icons were when you last used them but also easier to find when you forget. Eusing Launcher 2.6t is freeware, though a pop-up solicits donations by offering registration.
Eusing Launcher's installer finished by opening a Help page in our browser and placing desktop and system tray icons. The setup view displays the default circle with placeholder icons. A Getting Started wizard walked us through each step, including the hot key combos that hide and show Eusing Launcher, switching between the Windows and Eusing Launcher desktops, minimizing the app, and other important commands. No worries; you can turn off the wizard when you're familiar with the hot keys. The next step is to add stuff. That's easy, too: Drag the file or folder, activate Eusing Launcher's hot key, and drag the icon into position, either in an available slot or in the appropriate group, such as Web sites or System Folders. Once we've linked our items, we could display the circle by clicking Eusing Launcher's large central start button or by hot keys. Right-clicking the start button accesses a main menu with many options, including Settings for changing icon size, spacing, and appearance.
Most Windows desktop enhancements take some getting used to, but Eusing Launcher quickly proved a viable alternative to the old Windows gridiron. Its quick toggle action and circular layout somehow manage to reconcile two desktop objectives that too often are in conflict: quick access and attractive presentation.
From Eusing Software:
If you are a Windows user and have a lot of icons placed on the desktop, it may be really difficult to find a certain icon and manage all of them. There is a better way of organizing all your icons on the desktop, using a powerful launcher. Eusing Launcher practically organizes all the desktop icons in the shape of a circle, allowing you to easily and quickly find any desired icon. It includes some predefined icons added to its interface, but the user can add virtually any program shortcut to it. You can access any program or Windows feature in the shortest time possible and with great ease. It also allows quick access to your Windows system directories and Windows accessories. Drag-and-drop operations are supported for adding the shortcut or program. You can select the maximum number of icons that should be displayed. Besides that, the opacity level and size of the icon circle can be customized. Furthermore, the program's settings and the list of icons can be backed up as a file, for reusing it later on. No matter how many windows are open, you can use the hot key to bring Eusing Launcher to the top. With Eusing Launcher on your system you can easily organize all your icons and set them up in any way you want, and arrange them according to your wishes and needs. This way you will always have a reliable application that will enable you to organize your work space.
What's new in this version: Version 2.8 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Provide advanced, dockable, highly configurable desktop extensi...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Organize shortcuts into groups and categories using application...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Organize your desktop and open programs quickly with multiple f...
- Launch programs, URLs, and e-mail addresses.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Place the Windows Quick Launch folder on your desktop.
- Access and modify your Windows Hosts file easily.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Recover and repair your desktop shortcut.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Solve window clutter, speed-launch desktop shortcuts, and acces...
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Launch, choose, and configure your screensavers.
- Launch your default screensaver easily.
- Launch files, folders, and Internet shortcuts without addressin...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Launch your favorite file, folder, or URL via keystroke or mous...
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Visually appealing but buggy"
Version: Eusing Launcher 2.6
Looks good on the desktop.
Crashed my Flash Player every single time. Installed and uninstalled three times to make sure this was the only thing causing the conflict. Flash player was up to date (Version 11.9.900.170) and also, hardware acceleration was taken off testing purposes. Nothing worked to fix Flash crashes. Ended up ditching it and installing Nexus which is great and causes no problems.
Would have used it had it not been for Flash Player crashing.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content