CNET Editors' review
Emsisoft Free Emergency Kit collects a number of powerful system utilities in one portable package. With its help, you can clean, debug, and repair damaged and corrupted systems. Its Emergency Kit Scanner searches your PC for every kind of virus, malware, rootkit, Trojan, and keylogger that the very latest reports and updates identify, plus any new threats it finds, and will then remove or quarantine suspected files, depending on what you tell it to do. Advanced users will appreciate the Commandline Scanner, which is the same scanner but without a GUI. HiJackFree offers powerful manual malware scanning and removal capabilities, while BlitzBlank can delete files, registry entries, and drivers that can't be deleted by normal means. It's a powerful tool that can cause more problems than it fixes, if misused. But Emsisoft Free Emergency Kit isn't for beginners so much as professionals and experienced users. If you're the one your friends and family call on to fix their PCs, it's definitely for you.
Emsisoft Free Emergency Kit's quick start dialog opens the program's tools and also accesses a Help feature. Additional help is available from a forum, the developers, and other resources, including a security newsletter. You can also submit suspicious files for review. Before scanning, we updated the Emergency Kit Scanner's malware definitions. As with all such tools, we highly recommend starting off with the deepest, most comprehensive system scan available. Emsisoft's Deep scan is thorough and took a while, and it turned up a pair of not-too-serious threats that we were happy to delete. A useful option re-scans your system after files are quarantined to prevent false detections.
We also tried HiJackFree, which can kill running processes, delete files, and take other potentially drastic steps that can quickly cure an ailing PC. Or kill it, if misused. Opening BlitzBlank even produced a pop-up warning about this capable program for expert users. As with all such tools, if you're not sure what it does or how, don't experiment! But in the right hands, Emsisoft Free Emergency Kit can bring powerful tools to bear on a wide range of PC troubles.
The Emsisoft Emergency Kit contains a collection of programs that can be used without a software installation to scan and clean infected computers for malware: Emergency Kit Scanner, Commandline Scanner, HiJackFree and BlitzBlank. Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner: With the Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner you have got the powerful Emsisoft Scanner including graphical user interface. Search the infected PC for Viruses, Trojans, Spyware, Adware, Worms, Dialers, Keyloggers and other malign programs. Emsisoft Commandline Scanner: This scanner contains the same functionality as the Emergency Kit Scanner but without a graphical user interface. The commandline tool is made for professional users and can be used perfectly for batch jobs. Emsisoft HiJackFree: HiJackFree helps advanced users to detect and remove Malware manually. With HiJackFree you can manage all active processes, services, drivers, autoruns, open ports, hosts file entries and many more. For your full control over your system. Emsisoft BlitzBlank: BlitzBlank is a tool for experienced users and all those who must deal with Malware on a daily basis. It deletes files, Registry entries and drivers at boot time before Windows and all other programs are loaded.
What's new in this version: Take our free emergency kit for infected computers with you wherever you go!
More Products to Consider
- Detect and remove malware from your PC manually.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your PC from harmful threats.
- Check your system for malware infection.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Detect various types of malicious software.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Protect your system from malware infections.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Detect and remove rootkit malware on your PC.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
All versions:4.8 stars
out of 16 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content