CNET Editors' review
EasyFind is a useful freeware search tool that can be a substitute for--or, more likely, supplement to--Spotlight in the Mac OS.
Spotlight has made great strides in recent years, but its lack of speed and specificity can still leave some users frustrated--especially older Mac users who miss pre-Spotlight standalone search apps like Sherlock. EasyFind is a more blunt search tool, and unlike Spotlight, it doesn't index your hard drive. That means it searches your entire hard drive (or whatever location you specify) from scratch every time you enter a query, and it lets you set quite a few parameters around your search: you can search files, folders, or both, as well as file contents, and EasyFind lets you search for any word, all words, or a phrase. You can also use boolean operators and wildcard searches (with options for ignoring case and umlauts, and performing fuzzy searches), and you can search within package contents and invisible files and folders. A dropdown lets you quickly switch between search locations.
EasyFind supports drag-and-drop and uses very few resources--so even without indexing, it can still perform relatively quick searches, especially of smaller, specific folders. Many users won't have any need for EasyFind, but if you ever find yourself frustrated with Spotlight, this free little app can be a handy addition to your arsenal.EasyFind - Find files, folders, and any content on your Mac quickly without indexing - Download Video Previews:
EasyFind is an alternative to or supplement of Spotlight and finds files, folders or contents in any file without the need for indexing. This is especially useful if you are tired of slow or impossible indexing, outdated or corrupted indices or if you are just looking for features missing in the Finder or Spotlight.
More Products to Consider
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Search for files by name, date and size.
- Measure sizes of your files and folders.
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Screen capture utility.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- Uninstall apps easily.
- Menu bar extension like the classic Apple menu.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Backup, clone, and restore your information.
- Data recovery software.
- Show/hide visible files individually.
- Restore bmp, jpg, png, tif, mp3 files fast and accurately.
All versions:4.6 stars
out of 78 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: EasyFind 4.9.2
None that I found
When installing this, a bunch of add-ons are going to go on your computer by default. Even though you can 'choose' not to install these, I'd be wary of installing this at all. It's total bullcrap that they try to push junk-ware down our throats. I'd recommend just moving on and forget these loser-developers.
Just keep on looking for some other software.
"Woks better than finder, hands down!"
Version: EasyFind 4.9.2
Easy to use. I have used it many times to find what I need.
nothing comes to mind.