From CadSoft Computer:
The EAGLE Layout Editor is an easy to use, yet powerful tool for designing printed circuit boards (PCBs). The name EAGLE is an acronym, which stands for Easily Applicable Graphical Layout Editor. The program consists of three main modules - Layout Editor, Schematic Editor, Autorouter - which are embedded in a single user interface. Therefore there is no need for converting netlists between schematics and layouts.
More Products to Consider
- Manage your e-book library and sync to reader devices.
- View satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, geographic...
- Classic typing instruction software.
- Statistical data modeling tool.
- Statistical data modeling tool.
- Kids' artwork program with iLife integration.
- Powerful mathematical language for performing scriptable tasks.
- English-Urdu dictionary.
- Convert EPUB to PDF with high quality.
- GNU S statistical computing and graphics.
- Medical DICOM viewer/converter.
- Synchronize your brainwaves to achieve a specific mood or exper...
- Handle big numbers with a multi-precision RPN scientific calcul...
- EBook Converter, convert ePub to Kindle, kindle to pdf, epub to...
- Mathematics teaching and visualization tool.
- Scientific graphing, curve fitting and statistics.
- Learn about B-Tree key value searching, and node deletions.
- Fully functional Scientific Calculator and Notepad.
- For producing, analyzing, and printing graphs.
- Design printed circuit boards and capture schemes.
- Spelling and grammar autocorrection with styled autotype.
- Notepad with natural language calculator for solving problems a...
- Design 60 inches by 60 inches copper layered PCBs with your Win...
- Interactive equation editor for Office, etc.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Nice CAD package for making printed circuit boards."
Version: Eagle 5.11
Free for small (up to 3" x 4") boards.
Runs on both Macs and PCs.
It's hard to search the parts libraries. Or, maybe I just don't know how to search properly.
sparkfun.com has a nice set of tutorials. There also several tutorials on YouTube.
"Good So Far"
Version: Eagle 4.13
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
I have done a fair bit of research looking for a program to make circuit boards for my business. I have tried PCB Warrior and bought it but it has almost no library and it has been difficuilt to make things work well for it. PCB warrior seems more suited to metric units than inches. While looking for the reviews this Eagle software kept coming up as one of the best for the IBM. I got an IBM and started trying the software last week and noticed that they now have it for system 10.3. I tried the program on the IBM while waiting for my OS upgrade to 10.3 to come. Getting the program going with OS 10.3 was not easy as the instructions did not help much, however, I got it running by accident. (It uses X11 which I have never heard of) The IBM version and Mac are pretty much identical which is interesting, however, there is no right click on the mouse on my mac. It has worked well so far pretty good for them on a first try, however, I have not been able to get the group command to work and have not tried exporting Gerber files yet. The program has a huge library which has been very usefull and has been easy to learn and a huge number of sub programs. I made a circuit board in one day of learning. I have only been using it now for a week but its great that there is now such an advanced program available to the mac, so for all those others out there looking for good PCB software I think we found it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content