Dupe Eliminator is an intuitive tool for that removes all those duplicate files quickly and easily, including songs, movies, TV shows, podcasts, audio books and missing files locally and in the cloud. It also provides a tab for a quick Library Report, so you can see what has been removed.
It's easy to accumulate hundreds or thousands of tracks on iTunes but not easy to organize them once you do. It takes a lot of time to painstakingly go through each and every song, podcast, movie, TV show and audio-book and delete every dead or duplicate file. Dead tracks or dead links are music library entries who file is corrupted or no longer exists.
With Dupe Eliminator, you'll never again have to manually slog through thousands of files looking for the tracks that play over and over again, or that maddening dead link to your favorite song that never works.
Dupe Eliminator makes it simple to distinguish between a duplicate file and the original. Anyone who has amassed an extensive music collection knows how difficult it is to organize all those files by hand. Who has the patience to painstakingly go through their iTunes library and remove one by one every duplicate and dead file?
If you don't like the default settings that determine what is a duplicate, Dupe Eliminator provides many "duplicate scan criteria" settings which let you decide what is a duplicate. e.g. "Song Name/Album, Song Name/Album/Artist, Song Name/Time, Song Name/Size/Bit-rate are the same.
AutoClean Mode: This automatically finds and removes duplicate files and dead links Smart Search This setting makes eliminating files risk-free. Set your own criteria for finding duplicates so that you never risk deleting files that you want. Scheduled Search: Don't let your listening get interrupted. Set Dupe Eliminator to run overnight or while you sleep.
Dead Tracks: Eliminator This removes tracks that won't play and phantom tracks that do not link to an existing file.
UnDelete: Erase something by mistake? UnDelete can rescue the lost track and restore it to iTunes. Audio book Support: Organize your audio-books and delete duplicates there, as well. You can choose which track to keep that has the highest bit-rate or size or type like AAC or MP3.
What's new in this version: Version 15.0 has a redesigned user interface. Updates help links to point to updated Wiki. Updated links for submitting a problem or comment.
More Products to Consider
- Remove duplicates and missing files in your iTunes music librar...
- Clean up iTunes library, delete duplicates, missing, and orphan...
- Transfer files from iPod, iPhone, and iPad to iTunes and comput...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Install iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad drivers without installing...
- Transfer music, videos from PC to iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- Place connected iOS device into recovery mode with this utility...
- Transfer iPhone song, video, photo, app, PDF, voicemail, and co...
- Transfer iPod music, movies, camera roll, picture, voice memos,...
- Transfer files between iPod and PC, IOS devices, backup iPhone ...
- Backup your iDevice SHSH.
- Make war using your cannon and plane in the South Pacific islan...
- Transfer files between iPad and PC and support any iOS 7 device...
- Help Heidi prove that she's a great cook.
- Copy music, videos, photos and more from iPod, iPad, iPhone to ...
- Manage your iOS device data, applications, music, video, and im...
- Create and update effective test cases and manage software test...
- Transfer files for iPhone, iPad and iPod and convert DVD/video/...
- Transfer music, videos, photos, messages, and other media from ...
- Convert MIDI files into MP3, WAV, or OGG Vorbis format.
- Extract/convert tracks.
- Transfer files for any version of iPhone/iPad/ iPod and directl...
- Live the farm life.
- Track & access removable media.
All versions:3.1 stars
out of 48 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
"Great fast and flexible. Use this once a week."
Version: Dupe Eliminator for iTunes 13.1
Nice defaults but can still determine what makes a track a duplicate and what tracks to keep. I keep all MP3 and AAC. Keeps my library clean of duplicates and missing files or dead links as the app calls them. These are tracks that are in the iTunes Music Library put the actual file does not exist on disk. Nice feature!
None as of this review
Highly recommend and I have some other tools like this -- this one is the best.
"Works great and is very flexible"
Version: Dupe Eliminator for iTunes 13.0
Fast and flexible.
Can get rid of dead tracks which are library links to files that no longer exist.
I also like being able to decide the type of file format to keep (AAC,MP3 etc...)
There are none to report at this time.
Great, fast and as flexible as you desire. Use the defaults and you'll be fine but if you want to find duplicate tracks based on song/album and bit rate you can and much, much more.
"The best tool for cleaning your iTunes Music Library"
Version: Dupe Eliminator for iTunes 12.1
I was looking for this kind of tool and tried some other that did not work. This tool is as simple or as flexible as you want it to be. Run AutoClean to quickly find and remove duplicates and missing tracks in your library. If you make a mistake and delete something you'd like back I like the UnDelete. Also you can select from a wide range of criteria for what is a duplicate (song/album/track, album/track, bitrate, filenames etc,... ) this is very nice
- Fast and accurate
- AutoClean (love it)
- Launch from Windows Explorer popup menu (right-click desktop)
- Flexible duplicate criteria
- Criteria for what type of file to keep (.e.g. aac, mp3...)
- Artwork and CDDB information
- Tons of info on each track
- Sorting is handy as is the powerful filtering
None I can see
Version: Dupe Eliminator for iTunes 11.1
none to speak of
would recommend as i have tried all the others and this is the best thus far!!
"Just missed too many duplicates"
Version: Dupe Eliminator for iTunes 10.4.1
finds some dupes. configurable.
No matter how hard I've tried to configure the search parameters over 3 years of using Dupe Eliminator, it still misses gigs of dupes. I've found better software.
Save your money, use another product.
"Only fair or slightly better"
Version: Dupe Eliminator for iTunes 9.3
It did find a few.
It didn't find many.
After paying for the original program, and having downloaded this latest update, I still had over 500 duplicates after running the program three times!!
"Waste of money! Don't buy!"
Version: Dupe Eliminator for iTunes 9.3
Itunes removes dupes better and it's free. Costs $35! Doesn't remove all dupes. Very buggy (doesn't open half the time, etc.)
Waste of money! Don't be scammed by the promises. itunes removes dupes better, just look up how to remove dupes in itunes and the apple forum will come up.
"It is accurate and relatively fast with no problems."
Version: Dupe Eliminator for iTunes 9.2
Is relatively fast and works well.
It is easy to use, accurate and relatively fast. Others I tried trashed my iTunes library and I had to delete the library start from scratch.
"20 hours after paid order - no software or response"
Version: Dupe Eliminator for iTunes 9.1
As of now I have paid for a product 20 hours ago with zero response from seller. Very suspicious at moment
Is this a real company? Is it a scam?
"Does what it says it does and it very flexible."
Version: Dupe Eliminator for iTunes 9.0
UnDelete is great.
Can pick type of track you want to keep as original.
Very exhaustive selection of criteria for determining duplicates.
None I can see.
Great easy to use product that scan my library quickly and allows me to clean up exactly what I want.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: