Ditto is an open source extension to the standard Windows clipboard. It saves each item placed on the clipboard allowing you access to any of those items at a later time. Ditto allows you to save any type of information that can be put on the clipboard, text, images, HTML, custom formats. Features include easy to use interface, search previous copy entries, saves any type of information that can be put on the clipboard, keep multiple computer's clipboards in sync, data is encrypted when sent over the network, send individual clips to other computers, accessed from tray icon or global hot key, assign hot keys to specific copy entries, checks for updates automatically, select entry by double click, enter key or drag drop, very handy tool, paste into any window that excepts standard copy or paste entries, and display thumbnail of copied images in list.
What's new in this version: Version 3.18.46 has added png icons with transparency to folder and back buttons and fixed issue with moving clips to group.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Edit Web page in a browser window in WYSIWYG mode.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Convert plain text from a file or string into colorized source ...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Customize your Web sites with various features.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Manipulate images for Windows and Linux platforms.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Convert image into HTML files.
- Convert, modify, and manage image files.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Have text, HTML pages, and the Clipboard read aloud.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Paste frequently used text, fill forms, and insert passwords wi...
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Upload, resize, and edit images without the need to write code.
- Resize a batch of image files.
- Develop Web pages using modular programming principles.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- View HTML and Web image files anywhere and anytime.
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 21 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Excellent clipboard manager!"
Version: Ditto 3.18.46
Been using Ditto for about four years. Never had a problem with it. It provides huge peace of mind. If a web page ever locks up, I always have a copy of what I wrote in Ditto. Same thing for so many emails or items of importance that I am too afraid to lose is something goes haywire. Not that this review is anything all important, but I will copy my review to my clipboard in case this web page gacks. This keeps me from losing what I write; here and on the rest of the web.
Wish it was updated more frequently, but I can easily forgive that. Ditto is very stable and allows me to work with peace of mind.
I have Ditto installed on all my machines (5 or so). This is from WinXP, Windows Server 2008, Vista and Win8. No problems whatsoever.
"Got what it takes"
Version: Ditto 3.18.46
The most important feature: Groups of permanent items
There are many options for the user interface.
To start using it: Copy some items in sequence, press F7 and have them assigned in a new group!
Adding items to an existing group is a cumbersome one-by-one process.
Sorting order is strictly time-of-entry based, no manual reorder.
Ditto really has everything I need. But given there are many good tools on the net (I use ArsClip at home, but must switch to Ditto in the office), some quirks in the daily usage experience can make a difference.