DiskRadar provides an easy and efficient toolkit for fulfilling everyday disk-related tasks: monitoring of disk space usage and hard drive health, performing disk clean-ups and making educated predictions regarding possible failures. Designed for use by non-technical users, the application provides access to sufficient hard drive diagnostic data to satisfy any system administrator. Unlike most disk utilities, DiskRadar does not just monitor the disk's SMART status, but also analyzes the changes of all disk parameters that are closely related to HDD failures (like the pending bad sectors count, reallocated bad sectors, uncorrectable bad sectors, CRC errors and more) and alerts the user immediately if anything goes wrong. Our disk failure prediction algorithms are based on the recent researches in this field (like 'Failure Trends in a Large Disk Drive Population' by Google). The application also features real-time visualization of disk scanning results using an advanced combination of a color-coded sunburst infographic, plus bar graphs with alpha/numeric labeling. Disk space usage map (diagram) coloring scheme based on "heat map" concept. Recently used, "hot" files and folders are red; rarely used, "cold" files and folders are blue. User adjustable boundaries between hot, normal, and cold files. The display is interactive, allowing the user to mouse over any colored ring sector to reveal its contents listed and illustrated on the bar graph listing located alongside. Clicking on any sector expands that hierarchical level into its own 360-degree sunburst display and accompanying bar graph file listing.
What's new in this version:
- NOTE: you can find in-depth description of new features in our blog post
- 1. Brand new coloring scheme of disk space usage map, based on "heat map" concept
- 2. New Disk Space Map Thumbnail (Navigation Overview Thumbnail)
- 3. Improved geometry of the disk space usage map
- 4. New ability to save disk diagnostics report to a text file
- 5. Added a new "Warning" status for displaying disk health (S.M.A.R.T) attributes
- 6. DiskRadar now displays... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Configure Disk First Aid to check all your disks at once.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Find files by name.
- Screen capture utility.
- Real-time monitoring of all open network connections.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Automate file delivery with hot folder processing.
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Send files over the Internet and locally with email notificatio...
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Menu bar app that displays Console messages as Growl notificati...
- Data recovery software.
- Restore bmp, jpg, png, tif, mp3 files fast and accurately.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Shameless rip-off of DaisyDisk"
Version: DiskRadar 1.0.2
SMART utility (but there are lots of free good ones)
Inferior design, copied from our app DaisyDisk without understanding, poor implementation, sluggish inconsistent UI (non-native, made in Qt), lots of glitches.
The guy thoughtlessly copied all design ideas and appearance, colors, buttons, even portions of text from our website and help manual. As the developers of DaisyDisk, we don't own the "sunburst" visualization idea -- it existed before DaisyDisk for years -- and don't mind others to implement it too, but there is a huge difference between borrowing and evolving others' ideas, and blatant stealing.
... and so on
"An average product that does what it says it will do."
Version: DiskRadar 1.0.2
Graphic representation of disk health and 18 separate health parameters for your boot drive.
When first booting this application it takes a long time before you see anything on the screen. It is not easy to apply the family license key to other computers. Confusing health readings . Airflow showed 25% and orange but then said "OK"?
I don't think I learn anything really important about my drives that other applications don't tell me but if this is the only one you have and you can figure out what the indicator readings mean then buy it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content