Disk Password Protection: a comprehensive suite of hard-drive protection/access restriction tools. Protect your disk/partitions with a password, ban all reading/writing activity, limit launch of specified files to authorized personnel only. Disk Password Protection 5.0 offers users the option to choose what kind of protection they need. First is the Boot Protection. When chosen, any unauthorized person will not be able to boot a computer without entering the correct password. The program also offers Partition Protection. Any person can chose to have one or several partitions where all confidential information is stored. When protection is activated, the partition will be invisible to the operating system and the disk space taken up by sensitive data will appear as free disk space. The Low-Level Protection option allows users to blocks all attempts to read/write to/from the protected disk. The drive itself will appear as if it were just manufactured and is not formatted to perform any operations. This protection works only for ATA-compatible disks and must be activated in MS-DOS.
What's new in this version:
- Added a possibility to manage boot protection in UEFI systems.
- Added a possibility to protect the process of booting from disks with GPT partition tables.
- Added a possibility to protect volumes on disks with GPT partition tables.
- Added the support of disks with 4096-byte sectors (Advanced Format).
- Added the support of dynamic disks with GPT partition tables.
- Added the support of Windows 8 and newer versions.
- The core of the pr... See all new features »