If you install Disk Drill after a data loss, you can scan and preview your lost files for free with Disk Drill Basic. Once you are sure that your files can be recovered, you can quickly upgrade to Disk Drill PRO or Enterprise to get your data back. However, if you install Disk Drill Basic before you lose any data and turn on its data protection features, you can recover your files for free, without upgrading. Guaranteed Recovery invisibly makes copies of deleted files and folders you put in your Mac's Trash; Recovery Vault keeps records of all metadata for deleted files, so that they can quickly be recovered with names and file locations intact. S.M.A.R.T. Monitoring warns you of hard drive trouble before it fails.
What's new in this version:
- improved: DNG (Adobe Lightroom Raw images) recovery with Deep Scan
- improved: bad sectors management
- improved: Quick Scan internal procedures
- improved: software protection and activation
- fixed: occasional exceptions on OS X 10.6.8