CNET Editors' review
Many users prefer an alternative to the system tray clock, and a Windows gadget is the ideal platform. We looked at Digital Clock GT-7, a simple gadget that displays 24-hour time in hours and minutes. If you prefer to tell time in the military fashion, it's for you. But it's also great for anyone who needs a 24-hour display of their system time.
Digital Clock GT-7 installs easily. We right-clicked the desktop and selected Gadgets, which called up the Windows gadget manager. This page let us open or uninstall the gadget. Digital Clock GT-7 opened with the time displayed in four digits in the default white scheme against a gray-toned background. We clicked the wrench icon, which called up the program's settings. Here we could change the color of the digits and make the delimiter colon flash or not. The Windows gadget options let us change the clock display's opacity, too, and we could drag the gadget around the desktop in the usual way. Other than a Web link, that's it; but the whole idea behind gadgets is simplicity, and this one stays close to home.
Digital Clock GT-7 is a simple but effective gadget for anyone who wants to view their system time in desktop clock in 24-hour format. It's free, so even if you only use it now and then, it's worth keeping around.
Gadget that displays the current time like analog seven-segment clock faces. You can change skin (there are 10 in build skins), color of font, set on/off shadow, flash delimiter and AM/PM mode. Also included font Digital-7 for display text.
What's new in this version: Version 2.1 adds drop shadow effect.
More Products to Consider
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Find and view information of apartments or houses that are for ...
- Play music samples in the Reggae genre online.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Hear the podcasts from various shows produced by Leo Laporte.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Display RSS news with photos.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Search MP3s on Amazon sites.
- View tips and information concerning weddings and jewellery.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Access Half.com Web site on your desktop.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- View your financial status.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Control your system volume easily.
- Display job listings from the USA, live job feeds, and career i...
- Add 43 languages auto translator to Windows Sidebar.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Search movie listings, releases, and trailers from Fandango and...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Could be a lot better"
Version: Digital Clock GT-7 2.0
Very easy to read. Like being able to put event name on countdown table, and the format changes as it counts down.
Needs to be more customizable.Be able to customize colors of event name, the month, day, hour, minute and second. Need to be able to change background color.
For the most part this is a very good countdown timer, better than any others I found. Just make a few changes and I give it 5 stars.
"Ok, but only military time"
Version: Digital Clock GT-7 1.0
Worked fine, looks good
Only 24hr clock. no 12 hr option
Works fine, but be warned about 24hr time.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content