Port Explorer is a socket analysis and exploration utility designed for both novice and advanced users alike. In addition to powerful port-to-process mapping, Port Explorer is also armed with advanced packet-sniffing, country-detection, anti-Trojan capabilities and bandwidth throttling, as well as a mini-arsenal of supporting network tools including a fully automatic Whois search client. Port Explorer gives you the ability to see all sockets that are open, and shows the state these are in, be it established and sending or receiving data, listening, or closing. Port Explorer also gives the great ability to control these sockets by allowing the user to spy on any or all sockets owned by a process, and to block sending or receiving of any or all sockets. A user could block data sending by a suspicious socket - yet still see what data is coming in by spying on this socket. Port Explorer also includes new detection for Trojans by showing hidden sockets in red.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Analyze population genetics data on your PC.
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Process, analyze, and report Cone Penetration Test data.
- Set up a coin operated internet cafe kiosk PC-game timer.
- Start planning financial aspects of retirement since age of 20.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Analyze and view remote network computer statistics.
- Translate GPS data from the Garmin devices into performance ana...
- Scan UDP ports from Windows quickly and reliably.
All versions:4.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"I'm using this to check my open internet connections"
Version: DiamondCS Port Explorer 2.2
- VERY lightweight
- Has tons of functions, but It's still easy to use.
- Can be used to detect trojans and other malware which utilize the internet to "phone home".
- Its just a wonderful piece of software
- Prioritary software
(- Developer website disappeared)
I meant "Proprietary software" instead of "Prioritary software".
Updated on Jun 12, 2011
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: