Port Explorer is a socket analysis and exploration utility designed for both novice and advanced users alike. In addition to powerful port-to-process mapping, Port Explorer is also armed with advanced packet-sniffing, country-detection, anti-Trojan capabilities and bandwidth throttling, as well as a mini-arsenal of supporting network tools including a fully automatic Whois search client. Port Explorer gives you the ability to see all sockets that are open, and shows the state these are in, be it established and sending or receiving data, listening, or closing. Port Explorer also gives the great ability to control these sockets by allowing the user to spy on any or all sockets owned by a process, and to block sending or receiving of any or all sockets. A user could block data sending by a suspicious socket - yet still see what data is coming in by spying on this socket. Port Explorer also includes new detection for Trojans by showing hidden sockets in red.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Scan UDP ports from Windows quickly and reliably.
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Monitor all open TCP/IP and UDP ports on the local computer.
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Scan and display status of ports.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Perform PC-only TCP/UDP port forwarding and reflection for Wind...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Forward TCP connections made to your computer.
- Manage and control all serial port lines.
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Enable your applications to monitor TCP and UDP ports.
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Inspect TCP packets between a client and server and analyze ban...
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Implement and de-bug TCP/IP or UDP/IP-based protocols with comm...
- Optimize your wireless network's channel and signal strength.
- Connect to various interfaces through only one control and one ...
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
All versions:4.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"I'm using this to check my open internet connections"
Version: DiamondCS Port Explorer 2.2
- VERY lightweight
- Has tons of functions, but It's still easy to use.
- Can be used to detect trojans and other malware which utilize the internet to "phone home".
- Its just a wonderful piece of software
- Prioritary software
(- Developer website disappeared)
I meant "Proprietary software" instead of "Prioritary software".
Updated on Jun 12, 2011
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: