CNET Editors' review
We like this simple application that allows you to add and view notes and a contact list on the fly, and not just because it's free. Desktop Notes and Contacts' floating tabs sit discreetly in the upper-right corner of your screen. They're accessible in a click but don't get in the way when you're not using them.
The two tabs are aptly named Notes and Contacts. A simple text editor is found under the first, and it offers basic formatting options for font style, size, and color, and for setting alignment. Notes are saved in RTF format. In the second, names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses are displayed in alphabetical order by last name. Filtering options help you find a specific contact, and the e-mail addresses are clickable for easy loading in your default e-mail program.
There aren't a lot of bells and whistles with this open-source freeware application, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It does what it promises to do, efficiently and effectively, and anyone can use it.
From Jeremy Beckham:
Desktop Notes & Contacts creates two tabs at the top right of your screen. One is for Contacts and the other for Notes. More features to be added include a calculator and import/export functions for Outlook, Thunderbird, and Exchange contact list.
What's new in this version: Version 1.1.6 has updated the method of editing email addresses.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Perform disk fragmentation, speed up your computer enhance hard...
- Sell effectively, discuss design in real time, and make quicker...
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- View PowerPoint presentations from PowerPoint 97 and up.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Trigger and monitor many window processes at the same time.
- Track your important events and get reminders of them.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"WOW DONT DOWNLOAD WARNING!"
Version: Desktop Notes & Contacts 1.1.6
nothing at all
Do not download, it gave me a virus seriously.
I downloaded this thinking it would be a handy tool but as soon as i opened it, my anti virus blocked 2 trojan horses. Did another virus scan 3 days later and my virus protection found another threat under this program.
DO NOT DOWNLOAD SERIOUSLY