CNET Editors' review
Business Services Co has been providing business freeware and low-cost software since the 1980s. Delta60 Accounting Software 6.0 World Version is the latest iteration of its free business accounting solution. It offers Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Invoicing, Inventory, Payroll, and General Ledger features. Among its improvements are a new integrated graphical user interface and better support for international users in its new World Version.
Delta60 opens with its baseline USA Version and the option to run the new World Version. We chose the World Version. Delta60's Stargate Interface is based around a circular command center feature that resembles the popular science fiction series it takes its name from. Nodes on the ring let us open tools such as Buy Inventory, Sell Items, Processing, Accounting, Databases, and Options. We started with Accounting, which displayed an extensive menu of choices in the Command Center window. Under Accounts Receivable, we clicked Payments. The A/R Payment Screen is a separate tool displaying all our customers in an alphabetical, searchable list. We simply selected a name and entered their data, and Delta60 automatically calculated the remaining values. When we were done, we clicked Save. Each of the Accounting tools opened in a similar, separate dialog-based interface, as did the tools under each of the other categories, though none of the other categories had a list as extensive as Accounting. The standard toolbar-based interface is much less interesting but just as efficient. We like the Stargate Interface, though. Graphically, it's bit of a trip back in time, but there's a nerdy old-school appeal to the rasterized graphics and the sci-fi touches.
Delta60's World Version has open fields for addresses and can calculate sales tax individually for invoiced items, and it offers several tax rates. The USA version calculates sales tax based on state tax rates. There's a paid upgrade, Delta62, which offers more features and capabilities. But the freeware Delta60 Accounting Software does what most small businesses need. Its individual tools are capable and extremely easy to use. The program offers considerable help, too, as we'd expect from a tool suite as thoroughly developed as Delta60.
From Business Services:
Delta60 has a new World version and a new graphical user interface. Delta60 is an integrated Accounting Software Package that includes: A/R, A/P, Invoicing, Inventory, Payroll and General Ledger. The World version adds flexibility for international users.
What's new in this version: Version 6 enhances user interface.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Track and report incoming and outgoing cash flow including sale...
- Organize inventory management and accounting of your company.
- Manage accounting, sales automation, customer relations, payrol...
- Organize and manage sales and accounting in your retail store.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Keep track of your inventory and finances.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Run and keep track of your business.
- Organize accounts for your businesses.
- Organize your sales and inventory management system.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Manage your business accounting, billing, and inventory statist...
- Manage your business accounting and other vital information.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Manage invoicing, estimating, and purchase order creation.
- Take care of your accounting, project tracking, and inventory n...
- Manage inventory in one or several locations.
- Organize accounting, trading, and inventory management of your ...
All versions:2.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Functional and neat"
Version: Delta60 Accounting Software 6.0
The interface graphic was different and enjoyable to work with, it does make you feel that you have a good measure of control
Good data categories, and invoicing production.
somewhat archaic could do with modernising
OK for small to intermediate business.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content