CNET Editors' review
Delete History Free accurately names this free application that deletes your browsing history as well as temporary Internet files, search history, AutoComplete and address bar entries, and other traces of online activity squirreled away in various caches throughout Windows. It can clean your browser automatically when you close it or any time you like. It supports all the major browsers currently popular, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, Maxthon, and Netscape. It offers invisible mode, password protection, hot keys, scheduled operation, and a file shredder.
Delete History Free's dialog-style interface offers a sidebar tree view displaying all supported browsers and selections for deleting Windows and application history caches. A Quick Select button let us select all items for deleting, or we could delete selected items only. The program made quick work of our saved browser data, as we verified by returning to previously visited pages, now no longer cached. An icon-based toolbar also let us select and delete all items quickly as well as save our settings. Delete Browser Free's settings include options such as notifications and confirmation messages and controls for setting hot keys and passwords and scheduling automatic cleanups by hours and minutes. The shredding tool applies Department of Defense 5220.22-M(E) file destruction and displays progress, which securely removes browsing data and shows you that it's doing it, too, so you know your privacy is being enforced. But there's another good reason to use Delete History Free, if you happen to boot from an ultrafast solid-state disk instead of a hard disk drive. Since most browsers store temporary files in your user account, it can help keep your SSD slim and nimble by emptying such caches.
In truth, there are plenty of good reasons to clean your browser: regular browser cleaning is part of a proactive, preventive online security policy, and it's a good practice in general, especially if you use several different Web browsers. Delete History Free would be a wise addition to a sensible, regular Windows maintenance schedule.
Delete History Free is a freeware for Windows that provides an easy way to delete Internet history from your computer. With Delete History Free installed on your computer you will never have to worry about prying eyes again. As you may know your browser keeps different tracks of your Internet activity in order to provide a more pleasant computer and surfing experience. But these history tracks can also compromise your privacy and provide a way for others to view what you have been doing, searching, downloading, viewing, etc. Delete History Free provides an easy way to delete Internet history from your computer - delete browsing history, delete search history, AutoComplete, Address bar history, delete Temporary Internet Files (Cache), delete stored passwords and cookies. You can select to delete history automatically on browser close. Delete History Free supports Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, MSN Explorer, AOL, Opera, Mozilla, Netscape, and Maxthon.
More Products to Consider
- Remove all of your browser and computer history tracks.
- Clean and shred history of all your browsers and computer simul...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Protect your PC from all kinds of virus threats.
- Check your system for viruses with a lightweight antivirus on a...
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Password protect your photos, movies, documents, or any other f...
- Delete unwanted files from your PC forever.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect against any threats via USB drive and protect offline c...
- Lock computer to prevent unwanted access with Virtual Screen to...
- Keep your business safe when e-mailing or going online.
- Protect your online privacy by cleaning up Internet history and...
- Clean up your files and keep your PC private.
- Lock computer to prevent unwanted access, keep people off your ...
- Erase Internet tracks, computer activities, program histories, ...
- Protect your personal home computer from malware attacks.
- Clean your history and erase any traces of Internet use.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: Delete History Free 3.1
None: This program is not free. The free offering has little functionality and directs you to buy the full version. I am shocked CNET has given it such a high rating
As noted above. Virtually useless program.
"Horribly useless bait and switch product"
Version: Delete History Free 3.1
None that a competent cleaner can't do for free.
Useless product that immediately tells you where to go for the real PAID product.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content