CNET Editors' review
Years spent in the database industry tend to impart a keen sense of the difficulties involved in the common yet Herculean task of migrating large amounts of data between different databases using completely different file formats and structures, and a keen sense of sympathy for the database administrators who often work all night to make it happen. Help is available in the form of an affordable enterprise-level database migration tool, DTM Migration Kit from DTM Soft. It's a powerful, flexible and, at only 1.26MB, compact utility that can automatically import, export, and migrate data from ODBC, IDAPI, and Oracle Call Interface sources. It supports nearly every popular major database format, so it's especially useful for migrating data between multiple different databases, which is not unusual in an enterprise environment that's been running databases for a long time and has periodically upgraded or switched platforms.
The latest release of DTM Migration Kit boasts several enhancements to the user's interface as well as the capability to configure independent settings for default source and target connections, a new send mail rule, and more user options. There's a command line mode, too. The main interface and properties dialogs are plain and functional.
DTM Migration Kit is free to try, but it's limited to importing or exporting six rows of data during the trial period. It's $159 to buy, which is peanuts compared with other enterprise-level solutions. A true Win32 app, it's certified for Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 as well as Server 2003 and 2008.
From DTM Soft:
DTM Migration Kit is a powerful yet simple data import,export and migration tool that comes in handy if you run multiple databases. Use it to import, export or migrate data between different data sources (ODBC, IDAPI or Oracle Call Interface supported). The program is fully automatic and supports all popular database formats. Simple visual interface lets you set own transformation and flow control rules to give you added flexibility.
What's new in this version: Version 1.11.02 has added export console output feature.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Enable universal data access for your Windows-family operating ...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Take full control of the entire database and application migrat...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Connect to database to browse or modify data.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Solve the problem of transferring data between various data sou...
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Transform complicated data among different databases.
- Search tables and fields and browse data in Oracle and Access d...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Create XML documents uniting files from various databases or Mi...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Extract, transform, and load data into any database.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Load data from various data sources into a variety of databases...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Enhance your Visual Basic database applications with these ten ...
- Browse data in Oracle databases.