In today's world, everything is digital. From shopping receipts to important research papers, your life often fills your hard drive in the form of emails, PDFs, Word documents, multimedia files and more. Questions eventually pop up, like where do you store all of this stuff? How do you organize these very different file types, and even better, how do you find the exact file you're looking for the second you need it? It's almost as if you need a second brain just to keep your digital life straight.
DEVONthink is the solution to the digital age conundrum. It is your second brain, the one and only database for all your digital files, be they PDFs, emails, Word docs or even multimedia files. Boasting a refined artificial intelligence, DEVONthink is exceedingly flexible and adapts to your personal needs. And if the files are not digital yet, digitize them with DEVONthink Pro Office.
Use it as your document repository, your filing cabinet, your email archive, or your project organizer; DEVONthink can do it all. You can even collect and organize data from the web for your own use, enrich it with sound and movie files from your hard drive, and then export the finished product as a website or to an Apple Pages document to print, should you so desire. Or copy the content to your iPod! The possibilities are only as limited as your imagination.
DEVONthink Professional Office extends DEVONthink Pro with three additional modules: Pro-grade email archiving, paper capture including optical character recognition, and integrated web sharing (search only.)
What's new in this version:
- Added support for MailTags 4.
- Converting images to rich text (RTFD), see "Data > Convert".
- PDF forms with entered data can now be saved if supported by OS ', e.g., on Mavericks.
- ".srt" added to list of known plain text extensions.
- "Start/Stop Server" command added to "Tools" menu.
- "Edit" command added to contextual menus of image views, opens the "Image Edit" panel.
- "New Group" button added to "Take Note" and "Clip to DEVONthin... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Intelligent info manager.
- Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook suite of applications.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Entourage suite.
- View & print PDF files.
- Open-source office productivity suite with Microsoft Office com...
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Entourage suite.
- Productivity suite: Pages, Keynote, Numbers.
- Convert PDFs into the Word, Excel, and PowerPoint formats gener...
- Word processor & page layout app.
- Always keep your invoices and estimates at a glance.
- Print shipping labels with USPS postage for all of your online ...
- Viewer for NFO, ASC, DIZ files.
- Convert your wealth between 175 world currencies.
- Intelligent Internet research assistant.
- Use six feature-rich apps for document production and data proc...
- Bridge between OpenOffice/NeoOffice spreadsheets and Java class...
- Note pad, bookmark manager and webcam browser.
- Messaging & collaboration client.
- Mikogo is a free desktop sharing tool for web conferencing with...
- Information visualization tool for getting things done.
- Go Writer is a clever word processor to help you accomplish you...
- PowerPoint-compatible presentation tool.
- Compare and merge iTunes libraries on Macs, Windows and Apple m...
- Send files over the Internet and locally with email notificatio...
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 14 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Version 2.7.2 A step backward. Lost some simplicity."
Version: DEVONthink Pro Office 2.7.2
The new version does have a lot of the bell and whistles that many people of today will enjoy. I am not going to list them here. However they have complicated some of the basic features others looked for in using their system. Example, easier to find multi data bases if you use more than one data base. However in our view, they lost some of their simplicity.
The new version took the simplicity out of filing files in the event you wish to use it as a paperless office or as a filing program. The old version 1 had it where you could scan and file directly into an open folder that a person had set up within their system. The new version they have set up inboxes. Where no matter what you scan goes into the inbox that you have chosen under preferences. From there you have to hunt down the folder you want what you scanned to go to and drag it to. If you have lots of files like our office does, it slows down our office by about 50%. You have lost the funcition to have it scan directly into an open folder which to use was a key feature in going with this program originally. They simply complicated this feature which Devon was known for in prior versions. We were forced to update from the old version because we update to the 10.8.5 from the prior OSX and we were told the old version of Devon would not work well in 10.8.5.
As we use Devon mailing for that of a Paperless Office we are disappointed in the new version in that area. If you are looking for true simplicity and ability of being able to scan and save directly in a folder, stay away from Devon 2.7.2.. They have made something simple, more complicated, and if you have a busy office or business with a lot of files, it will take you longer to get the job done then with the old version. No one in our office likes the new version for filing because of the extra steps. If you talk to them at the company, they say they vastly improved the overall features of their program, which in some ways they have. Not for our use. We feel they should add a feature in preferences to allow the choice where one does not have to use their new inbox system to scan to, but provide an option to be able to click a folder, have it open up, and allow whatever files we scan in, to scan directly into the file folder and bypass the time consuming inbox system in their new version totally.