CNET Editors' note: This is a very large (674MB) file and may take long time to download via slow Internet connection.
From DAZ 3D:
DAZ Studio is the perfect tool to design unique digital art and animations using virtual people, animals, props, vehicles, accessories, environments and more. Simply select your subject and/or setting, arrange accessories, setup lighting, and begin creating beautiful artwork. Inheriting the best of version 4, DAZ Studio 4.5 introduces a new look and feel focused on ease-of-use. There are new video tutorials included within the application to help users get up to speed quickly, along with many technological innovations to improve the creation experience.
While compatible with past versions of 3D models and add-ons, DAZ Studio 4.5 enables the next generation of figures from DAZ 3D, the GenesisTM series. The Genesis series facilitates a whole new paradigm of figure creation, customization, and sharing.
What's new in this version: Version 4.5 features faster performance, easy-to-use file and scene sharing, increased stability.
More Products to Consider
- View AutoCAD DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings, save views to JPEG ima...
- Get started quickly and stay on track, whether you're creating ...
- Provide virtual photo or film studio software with ready-to-pos...
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Lets users to load 3D models fast.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Export geometric data to OBJ files.
- Create, print, edit, sign, and share PDFs with batch operation ...
- Enjoy beautiful photos from the canyons of Utah and Arizona.
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Learn what color will be produced if you mix up to 20 parts of ...
- Design every detail and share your work with confidence with po...
- Construct complex 3D models from simple primitives or by using ...
- Turn your camera into 3D scanner.
- Convert PDF documents to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Animate with a powerful 3D engine that combines video productio...
- Create, animate, and render 3D images on your PC.
- Provide SketchUp SKP file export plug-in for Bricscad.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Process and edit unstructured 3D triangular meshes.
- Print, e-mail, and save your T-shirts designs all from your des...
- Create advanced 3D graphics, animations, and dynamic broadcast ...
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 321 votes
Current version:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Solid product, but hell to install successfully."
Version: DAZ Studio 18.104.22.168
Plenty of helpful information out there if you don't mind hunting and sifting through a host of useless tutorials to find one(s) that actually address whatever issues you might be having with the learning curve.
Bridge tech software works like a charm.
Easily accessible files without need for additional codecs when communicating with photoshop and zbrush
Plenty of additional software (some award-winning, I might add) packages available on DAZ website if you don't mind downloading them through the confusing install-manager.
Don't bother going to the DAZ website for community help. Their forums are filled with unanswered questions and repeat members seeking the same advice more than once.
If you do choose this product, don't be surprised if you're required to uninstall/re-install from DAZ website for registration codes. iwant.com is no longer providing them without membership and their incessant emails can be a serious inbox pain.
The installation process is a lot like flying blindfolded looking for a needle in a haystack. The install manager seems to attempt simplicity but also seems to be referring to additional products not advertised/explained and once installed, will request pathways in 'settings' tab of inaccessible software menus. I'll be honest. It took me three attempts to download and install this product before it worked properly on my high-end custom pc. In my mind, that's far, far more than annoying and just tipping the scale toward 'not worth it'
All it's complex processes aside, the actual software (once you get past the inane and insanely irritating installation process) is powerful, easy to learn, easy to port, and satisfyingly supported with ample resources to continue through the entire design process from modeling to animation and viewing of your scene/image/pose. All in all, I am happy with my decision to hold on to this product, but I most certainly WILL NOT be adding it again should it somehow spontaneously remove itself from my desktop/hard-drive... again.
Getting to it can be a real *&$%, but once you have the program working successfully on your pc, it's satisfying enough to hold on to.
"It is easy to understand with the help videos provided."
Version: DAZ Studio 22.214.171.124
Comes with links to help videos and tutorials wich walk you through the entire process of creating figures and animating them.
At the present time, I have found no cons for this software.
Highly recommend this for beginners and pros alike.