CNET Editors' review
Crystal Office is one of a number of full-featured office software suites to challenge Microsoft's industry-leading Office at a much lower price. It integrates five primary tools: NotePro, a word processor; DayMate, a planning tool; CellPro, a spreadsheet application; ChartPro, a project manager; and Clip Plus, a Windows Clipboard enhancement. Crystal Office can open, edit, and save Word and other Office documents, a critical compatibility.
An installation wizard gives you the option to make Crystal Office the default application for a number of file types and to choose which tools to install. Each application sports a fully customizable Windows-style interface with file menus and icon-based toolbars typical of each category of software; they project a welcome familiarity that quickly brought us up to speed. We opened and tried each tool, beginning with NotePro. We saved a file as a Word document and opened it in Word with no problems, all content intact and able to be edited. CellPro works much like Excel and proved compatible with existing Excel files. DayMate is laid out much like a desk calendar, another familiar, efficient choice. The Clip Plus feature is the only thing that's really different about Crystal Office; clicking its system tray icon calls up an enhanced clipboard box as well as a larger dialog for settings, including the interesting Groups feature that lets you group similar items together for quick selection.
Crystal Office is a viable alternative to expensive software suites like Office, but it's a fraction of the cost. It's well worth a look.Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of Crystal Office 1.25. The trial version is limited to 30 days.
From Crystal Office Systems:
Crystal Office is the essential office suite ideal for home and business users, delivering more tools that make your work go faster and your life go easier. Find all the essential office software to complete routine tasks faster and with better results. Create and edit text and graphics in letters, documents, and Web pages. Perform calculation in spreadsheets. Keep track of appointments and tasks. Open, edit, and save Microsoft Office documents.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Update your Microsoft Office Small Business Tools set so that i...
- Provide a collection of text manipulation tools such as sort, i...
- Distribute your Access 2007 applications to other users.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Create impressive Flash menus.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Search, replace,and add text to multiple files easily.
- Manage your personal and business contacts information, send bu...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Calculate your future savings and the time it takes to get a sp...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Convert multiple PDF documents to text in easy steps.
- Create, customize, and publish presentations for kids.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Create HTML files from multiple RTF files.
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Surf the Internet.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1