CNET Editors' review
Cosmic Ball is an enjoyable space-themed game in which users must break bricks by bouncing a ball off the hull of their spacecraft. There's not a whole lot to it, but it has enough different challenges to keep it interesting through many levels of play.
The game's interface is basic and arcade-style, with the player's spaceship capable of moving back and forth but not up or down. Users launch a meteor (ball) from their ship in order to destroy a formation of bricks in front of them. Some of the bricks contain helpful features that users must catch to take advantage of, including extra lives, fireballs, and missile launchers. Once all of the bricks are destroyed, the player advances to the next level, which is of increasing difficulty; users may encounter bricks that can only be broken from the bottom or other spacecraft that fire at them. The main activity of the game--bouncing balls off your spacecraft--remains the same throughout, but there are enough new challenges to keep it interesting. We had trouble tearing ourselves away from it, and we made the mistake of offering it to a friend, who advanced through more than 32 levels before he finally died. Overall, we'd say that the game could provide hours of mindless entertainment. It comes with a Readme file that explains its features, but for the most part it's quite intuitive.
Cosmic Ball is free. It installs desktop icons without asking but uninstalls cleanly. We recommend this program to all users.
A challenging brickout-style game. Shoot bricks and watch for enemy robots guarding them. Try to destroy the bricks and evade the bombs.
What's new in this version: New Release
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Form columns, rows or diagonals of tiles of the same color.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Search and destroy all the alien machines and reclaim Earth.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Destroy gems to create rows of three.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Play a multilevel action game.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Help Harris pass all the tasks on his adventure.
- Tend to demanding patients in a time management game.
- Play 450 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Match slots and rescue all the animals of the Funny Islands.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1