CNET Editors' review
Meet MotionStudio 3D, Corel's inaugural entry into the animation and motion graphics software category. Geared more toward novices and prosumers than professionals, this capable newcomer lets you create 3D text and titles, lathe objects, and a variety of animations with relative ease.
MotionStudio's interface is intuitive, which should be comforting to motion graphics novices. The Edit Window displays your project as you work, and can reflect changes in near real-time--with virtually no waiting for rendering. Also, you can drag objects directly within the Edit Window for a more tactile way to customize basic aspects like position, rotation, and size.
The Timeline Window spans the bottom of the interface, and is relatively simple to navigate. Here is where you set the key frames that guide your animation. And with each property having its own independent timeline, it's easy to choreograph several different animated elements to work in concert.
The EasyPalette contains all of the preset effects available, and can be supplemented by plug-in effects. Here you'll find 3D Models, Text Objects, Lathe Objects, Shapes, and even simple extrusion effects. MotionStudio makes it simple to click around, experiment with these effects, and undo when necessary.
On top of its basic 3D titling and text animation capabilities, MotionStudio also includes a realistic particle effects tool that recreates the appearance and movement of elements like bubbles, fire, smoke, and snow. The tool even lets you make minor adjustments to the particles' properties such as texture, density, color, rotation, and more. Powerful, yet simple features like this are sure to attract casual users who aren't necessarily motion graphics wizards. The program also includes tons of animation presets, and lets you manipulate light sources, mimic motion blur, and adjust depth of field among other aspects.
And for the prosumers out there, MotionStudio 3D also boasts some rather powerful import and export capabilities. It can handle vector and raster graphics, and lets you easily work with files from other 3D applications. Meanwhile, it can output to a wide variety of video and still image formats including GIF and Flash (SWF) for the Web. And as expected, MotionStudio lets you easily output projects as 3D anaglyphs viewable with 3D glasses, or as side-by-side images playable on compatible 3D TVs--all with a single click.
Overall, we think Corel MotionStudio 3D provides a nice, affordable entry into the world of motion graphics. With its array of presets, powerful, yet simple features, and intuitive interface, it's a fantastic choice for newcomers and experienced motion graphics artists alike. But, if you're looking to get extremely granular in your animations, and you need a more professional level of control, then MotionStudio 3D might not be what you're looking for. If that's the case, then be prepared to spend a lot more money on your software.
Get all the 3D text, graphics and animation tools you need to make your movie epic with the new Corel MotionStudio 3D. Generate 3D graphics, titles and animated text to wow your viewers--hundreds of presets make it fast and easy. Use high-end particle effects, including fire, smoke, starfield. Add realistic motion blur to moving objects and make or import 3D models to embellish or animate--all in real time. When you're ready, export directly to Corel VideoStudio Pro X4 or your favorite video-editing software--complete with an Alpha Channel--for further web or video production. With all this in one affordable package, MotionStudio 3D gives you everything you love about big budget effects--without the big budget.
More Products to Consider
- Create 3D graphics for presentations and Web sites.
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Utilize an array of professional animation production capabilit...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- View and measure AutoCAD DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings, save views...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Create motion graphics and visual effects.
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Create, print, edit, sign, and share PDFs with batch operation ...
- Convert PCL, PXL, PX3 files to PDF format.
- Convert PDF files to different document and image formats with ...
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Convert to PDF any Web page from a given URL or a HTML file fro...
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Convert XPS files to PDF format.
- Create advanced 3D graphics, animations, and dynamic broadcast ...
- Convert PDF documents to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Convert PCL, PXL, PX3 files to PDF format.
- Add Flash animation to your site by selecting from ready-to-use...
- Play 3D game in space environment.
- Convert XPS files to PDF format via command line.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Produce vertex and fragment shaders that run on 3D hardware to ...