CNET Editors' review
Screen savers these days tend to give users a lot of options: adjust the speed of one element, change the quantity or color of something else, add your own music, and so on. Coral Reef screen saver downplays customization in favor of really, really good graphics, and we can't say it's a bad trade-off.
The screen saver doesn't do a whole lot. As the name would suggest, it's an underwater scene, with fish leisurely swimming past a shipwreck. Sunlight streams through the water, creating a ripple effect on the sea creatures in the foreground. Users can select subtle underwater sounds, gentle music, both, or neither. And really, that's about all it does. Unlike similar programs we've seen, you can't increase the number of fish, change their speed, adjust the lighting, create your own soundtrack, or otherwise customize the look of the screen saver. But that's fine, because it's really pretty great as it is. The graphics are fantastic--as realistic as any we've seen. The fish move as smoothly as they would in real life. You can even see tiny specks of plankton floating in the sunlight. The screen saver's sound effects are appropriate, neither cheesy nor distracting. Overall, we found the Coral Reef screen saver both attractive and relaxing, and we'd be happy to set it as our computer's default screen saver.
Coral Reef screen saver is free to try, but it displays a nag screen after it's been active for a minute and a half. The program installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend it to all users.
You are a sea explorer searching for unknown mystery hidden in the blue depth. In the distance you see a mysterious ancient sunken ship. Once it furrowed the seas and now it is in profound sleep dreaming of waves and sails spread to the wind.
More Products to Consider
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Display the view of our planet as seen from space.
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, web si...
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Decorate your desktop with a Man of Steel movie screensaver.
- Relax in a soothing atmosphere of a small Dutch village.
- Put a realistic flame effect on your desktop.
- Enjoy Mayan ruins placed near a fascinating jungle waterfall.
- Display time with beautiful backgrounds and sounds.
- Feel romantic with silky smooth burning heart on your desktop.
- Get a PC alarm clock with a full collection of Zodiac constella...
- Take a trip into the bizzare world of particle effects.
- Get a Big Ben screensaver for your PC.
- Change the desktop wallpaper automatically, position pictures t...
- Display a lantern on your desktop screensaver.
- View photos of PGA golf holes, while realistic golf balls bounc...
- Decorate your desktop with a Father's Day screensaver.
- Add a fleeting touch of romance to your desktop.