Copernicus allows you to take a picture of exactly what is on your screen, then export it to several different formats. It also allows you to create a screen movie that is exported as a Quicktime movie file.
What's new in this version:
- Copernicus is completely FREE.
- Updated to be a universal binary.
- Works better on 10.4 Tiger.
More Products to Consider
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Extend the Dock and get window previews whenever you hover your...
- Widget displays Amazon's lightning deals.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Make the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of ...
- Screenshot utility that works while watching DVDs.
- Keyboard tool that lets you "click" buttons and control your ap...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Screen capture tool with many options.
- Full-screen QuickTime player that fixes sync problems on-the-fl...
- Executes a list of programs after a time delay.
- Accelerates performance of frontmost application.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Convert movie to mp3, aac, aiff, single tracks.
- Get an Dashboard styled clock for your Mac OS X Dashboard.
- Create & edit all clippings: text, picture and URL clippings.
All versions:2.9 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:3.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Free is good, but..."
Version: Copernicus 1.5.2
Does what it says it will do
A minor annoyance is that it insists on adding a space to the filename extension when you save a capture. What should be ".JPG" has to be ".JPG " and it will not allow you to change it. The space can't be deleted until after the file is saved.
I had a devil of a time time figuring out why certain websites would say "not a recognized file type" until I finally noticed that the space was there.
By contrast, it does not add a space after ".mov" when you capture a screen movie.
In all quite satisfactory. Especially free.
"The Best On-Screen Recorder for Mac"
Version: Copernicus 1.5.2
Picture taking is okay, But the big WOW factor is that it actually records the action on screen, and compared to the other free capturing software, this i believe is the best for mac, unless you want to pay...
The quality of the video is very choppy, and it doesn't record sounds... :(
If you don't have XP, get this software, if you do, get CamStudio, it's a hell of a lot better...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content