ControllerMate is a controller programming tool that allows users to add custom functionality to standard HID devices (joysticks, trackballs, gamepads, keyboards, etc.)
Using a highly graphical interface and drag-and-drop editing, users can program controller buttons to perform complex keyboard and mouse sequences. Programming is accomplished using "building blocks". Each type of building block performs a different type of function. Building blocks can be individually configured and linked together to perform an endless variety of tasks.
Common programming tasks that can be performed with ControllerMate include:
- Configuring controller buttons to act like individual keyboard keys
- Configuring controller buttons to generate simple text
- Configuring controller axes to act like mouse axes
- Assigning an AppleScript to a controller button
- Redefining keyboard keys
- Assigning a custom acceleration curve to a mouse
What's new in this version:
- Added the ability to set an initial value for AppleScript (Number) and AppleScript (ON/OFF) building blocks.
- Improved compatibility with X-keys devices that have customized USB version numbers.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent ControllerMate's helper from posting MIDI events through an external MIDI destination in some cases.