ControllerMate is a controller programming tool that allows users to add custom functionality to standard HID devices (joysticks, trackballs, gamepads, keyboards, etc.)
Using a highly graphical interface and drag-and-drop editing, users can program controller buttons to perform complex keyboard and mouse sequences. Programming is accomplished using "building blocks". Each type of building block performs a different type of function. Building blocks can be individually configured and linked together to perform an endless variety of tasks.
Common programming tasks that can be performed with ControllerMate include:
- Configuring controller buttons to act like individual keyboard keys
- Configuring controller buttons to generate simple text
- Configuring controller axes to act like mouse axes
- Assigning an AppleScript to a controller button
- Redefining keyboard keys
- Assigning a custom acceleration curve to a mouse
What's new in this version:
- Added the ON/OFF Group building block to create a related set of ON/OFF values.
- Added the MIDI Note Group building block that responds to a set of MIDI Note messages.
- Added the Absolute Value building block to calculate absolute values.
- Added the URL building block to open web locations.
- The Button Group building block can now be configured by pressing a set of buttons on a device. OFF buttons may also now be included in groups.