CNET Editors' review
Like many similarly named programs, we expected Contenta RAW Converter to be a basic file conversion utility. We were pleasantly surprised to find that it offers many useful and unexpected features in addition to its file conversion capabilities.
Contenta RAW Converter's interface is sleek and intuitive, with graphical buttons that clearly delineate each step of the process and a thorough, well-written Help file. Users can select individual files or entire directories for conversion, and images can be converter from RAW to JEPG, PNG, PDF, and more. Once we'd selected the files we wanted to convert, we figured that the next step would be the actual conversion, and although that is indeed an option, we found several useful preparatory steps that you might want to take, such as adjusting brightness, color, and other aspects of the image. The program offers options for renaming files, working with subfolders, and even creating PDF slideshows. Perhaps the most pleasant surprise was the sharing feature, which actually allows users to upload images to the program's server, where they can be viewed for up to a week by anyone with the URL (but no one else). This is really above and beyond what we expected from such a program, based on our experience with similar wares. Overall, we thought this program worked fine as an image converter but really excelled with its extra features.
Contenta RAW Converter has a 30-day trial period. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
Contenta RAW Converter will convert and process your RAWs in batch. It is optimized for multi-core processors and uses native code when performance matters. Visualize final quality and size is under control. Supporting RAW formats (RAW, NRW, RW2, RWL, DNG, CRW, CR2, ORF, MRW, THM, NEF, PEF, SRF, ARW, 3FR, ERF, KDC, SR2, RAF, X3F, DCR, DRF, MEF, MOS, PTX). It features batch conversion, batch RAW processing, reduce sizes for computer screens, web publishing, iPod, and PSP, share photos online and order prints in one click, and automatically rename to meaningful names and organize in meaningful subfolders using metadata.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Convert and process your photos in batch.
- Convert your audio files from any format to WAV and adjust your...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Convert documents to image files and protect text copyright on ...
- Recover lost images and deleted pictures from corrupted memory ...
- Process photos start to finish--from download to editing (inc. ...
- Edit and convert photos to common image formats.
- Convert SWF files to FLA format and recover images and texts.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Convert your PDF files into various images formats.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Converts audio to MP3 format.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Trial version is slow and useless"
Version: Contenta RAW Converter 5.8
Nice user interface
Very slow. Trial version adds water marks and is therefore totally useless.
"Useless for dark files in at high ISOs"
Version: Contenta RAW Converter 4.8
It converts low light ISO files ok.
Useless for dark files in at high ISOs. Coverts at least 3 f-stops darker and lightening up the dark areas reveals no detail whatever and weird white flecks. Also very inconvenient going from program to program.
I'm buying PSE 8 since it opens NEF and CR2 files: the two raw files I use... I wish I hadn't thrown my money away on this.
"Excellent - this is a terrific product"
Version: Contenta RAW Converter 3.5
There is nothing that inhibits a user.
Totally intuitive and totally functional.
It is now version 4.4.1 and the shareware cost is $20.00.
It is totally worth it.
None -- just my happy reluctance to fork over $20.00 for the registered version.
Contenta CRV Converter does exactly what it promises without any missteps. The GUI is intuitive with a sentence or two at each step to clarify the consequences of the action. I have batch processed 2GB folders without any missteps. Every single image was perfect. For $20.00 shareware, this is the value of the conversion century. I am processing Canon RAW CR2 files one of my kids has taken for my own edification. It's nice to see what the kids are up to on their global trips, and he only converts those images he uploads to Flickr. There is so much more in the complete file. Thank you Contenta.