CNET Editors' review
One of the hardest things about mastering a foreign language is learning how to properly conjugate verbs. Coniuno offers conjugation practice for verbs in German, English, Spanish, Italian, French, Latin, and Portuguese. It's not the most intuitive program we've seen, and it might not be the best choice for language learners who are really new to the concept of conjugating verbs. For users who have some foreign language experience and a familiarity with conjugating, however, it's definitely a good way to hone your skills.
Coniuno's interface makes use of a couple of toolbars across the top filled with tiny buttons; fortunately, there are tooltips, so it's not too difficult to figure out the program's features. Beneath the toolbars the interface splits into three panes; one shows the verb in question in your "mother tongue," both the infinitive and the tense in which you are to translate it. Beneath that there's a pane showing the person, mood, and tense of the verb, as well as whether it's reflexive or passive. In the main pane, Coniuno displays the verb in the training language in the infinitive; it's up to the user to type the appropriate conjugation for the listed person, mood, and tense. If you're not able to type special characters for some reason, the program has a menu from which they can be inserted. Once you've typed the conjugated verb, hit Enter, and Coniuno will let you know whether your answer is correct; if it's not, it will tell you why (wrong verb, wrong verb form, wrong conjugation, etc.) and let you try again until you get it right. The program comes with around 200 verbs, but more can be added. Coniuno comes with a lengthy Help file that explains its features, but we had no problem figuring the program out with a little experimentation. Overall, Coniuno isn't flashy or sleek, but it's a great tool to have if you want to improve the speed and accuracy of your conjugation.
Coniuno installs politely but leaves a folder behind upon removal.
From Helmut Bischoff:
Coniuno is a conjugation trainer for free selectable regular, irregular, and reflexive verbs for the languages German, English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Latin. The possible conjugations can be done in either direction (e.g. German -> French, Italian -> English etc.). Beside own verbs, the around 200 verbs provided by Coniuno can be trained. The program does all conjugations, also the ones from new verbs automatically. The program provides a variety of helping functions.
What's new in this version: Version 2.1.1 introduces all verb tables in the freeware version.
More Products to Consider
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Translate text between eight different languages.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discern a text pattern behind a cloud of dots.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Translate text from anywhere on screen with a single mouse sele...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Translate any word or words on screen as you move your mouse cu...
- Learn more than 1,000 words and sentences in French, Spanish, I...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Learn any language by practicing exercises from your desktop.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Add this spelling checker to your system tray.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Create and share crossword and word search puzzles (Web, print,...
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Learn and to look up conjugation of English, Spanish, and Germa...
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Translate your documents and texts between 53 languages using o...
- Translate English words into different languages.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Comprehensive list of verbs for easy learning between nine languages"
Version: Coniuno 1.3.3
Ever wanted to learn a foreign language but were intimidated by the long and convoluted verb conjugation? Coniuno is a program that supports seven languages comprising German, English, French, Italian, Portuguese, Latin and Spanish. Created by Helmut Bischoff, the default installation is in German, but can be changed to English in the Options panel. However, pop ups in German do occur occasionally, but keep calm and remember that Ja is for Yes and Nien for No. In the freeware version of the software, you can still conjugate between any of the seven languages, in any combination, give yourself multiple choice tests and search for the infinitive verb from the conjugated verb form. Training extras include statistical details and listing of verb tables of any word in the seven languages. A must if you plan on going hitchhiking across the European continent.
Reversion to German language intermittently
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: