Comodo SecureEmail automatically secures your email messages so that the message and its attachments cannot be intercepted, read or altered on its way through the Internet.
The software encrypts and digitally signs the outgoing messages from the sender. Encrypting the message means that it can be deciphered and read only by the owner of the corresponding private key i.e. the intended recipient so that the confidential data from the sender cannot be stolen or modified on its way through the Internet. Digitally signing a message means that it proves to your recipient that the message came from you. In combination, these two assure the recipient that the received message and its attachments were not adulterated by anyone along the way.
The software features a built-in wizard to easily download and setup a Comodo email certificate for encryption and digital signing. If your contact (recipient) is a CSE user, you can easily import his/her public key for encrypting your message to him/her. The message can be decrypted only using his/her private key. If your contact is not a CSE user, single use or onetime session certificates will be used. The encrypted email is then sent to your recipient. The recipient can decrypt and read the email by using the our easy-to-use Web reader service. This enables to encrypt the mail for anyone at anytime. Users will benefit from the security of their email while the application handles difficult or hard to remember processes such as public-key exchange. The software features full compatibility with Outlook, Thunderbird, Incredimail and many other POP, SMTP and IMAP based mail clients. Network administrators looking to implement total client-to-client email security may consider Comodo SecureEmail as a complement to gateway encryption applications which overlook the vulnerability of emails being exchanged within the network. Comodo SecureEmail like all Comodo desktop software, is free of charge for home and business users.
What's new in this version: Added Outlook plug-in Mode
More Products to Consider
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Add an option to copy selection as plain text or HTML to the co...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Encrypt text with RSA/DES quality.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Protect your data with AES encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Create, edit, and insert plain text signatures to your messages...
- Encrypt or decrypt text and files with a unique key you specify...
- Use a notepad alternative with built-in text encryption support...
- Encrypt text files and e-mail using keys.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Encrypt files and programs to protect your personal data.
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Create ASCII charaters for plain text.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Create encrypted, self decrypting html documents.
- Backup your IncrediMail profile effortlessly.
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Jesus Christ! It is always running in the background."
Version: Comodo SecureEmail 22.214.171.124
My system gets warm.
It took a little while to figure out how to use it properly, and it is worth it. I got COMODO Digital ID to work with Microsoft Windows Live Mail 2011. The only thing that is different is that my system is always running now so the program keeps the machine warm. Instead of running at idle for the most part, it is always around 25% usage. I guess that is a good thing because it is working. I better say something good because the last time I complained it turned out that I ended up liking the product more than what I wrote about. hehe Well, if you do not like the fan being on all the time, just uninstall the COMODO email client from your programs list and it no longer is on.Jesus Christ! Well, so much for security. It is not necessary. If I had something to hide it would be that I love my family and I am scared of the strangers hurting them. I have no secrets to hide. I have broken the laws and paid my dues. I have learned a lot from my life. Anyways, another thing I learn is that nothing is secure. I was reviewing the certificate and found that it could be intercepted and it is a common encryption method. So might as well be opened. The whole world knows anyways.
Updated on Jan 21, 2013
"The above reviews are OUTDATED!"
Version: Comodo SecureEmail 126.96.36.199
IF IT WORKED!!!! the pros are
its free and anyone could send encrypted email to anyone without the hassel of exchanging cerfiticates... which is amazing
IT 100% DOES NOT WORK!. You can send a single use certificate out, but the recipeient has NO WAY to decrypt your email. The links they are given to decrypt are DEAD.
This is a great idea. I would gladly pay for this product. but at the moment IT DOES NOT WORK! There forum and support for this application are non-exsistent. The above problem and more are posted on there forum. They have not made an official response in a long long time.
Prove to me that this works and you care and I will gladly get me and every last person I meet to use this and give it 5 Stars. In todays paperless world we need email encryption. If its broke and you are working on it, then say that and dont keep us in the dark.
Note the above reviews are from 2008 and 2009 when this actually worked. Please make it work again :)