Comodo Internet Security 8.0 is the free, multi-layered, security application that offers complete protection from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero-day attacks, spyware and hackers. Built from the ground upwards with your security in mind, Comodo Internet Security combines powerful Antivirus protection, an enterprise class packet filtering firewall, advanced host intrusion prevention, application control and anti-spyware in one supremely powerful application. The latest version sees a major leap forward in security and usability with the addition of cloud based virus-scanning and behavior analysis of unrecognized files - making CIS 7.0 unbeatable at detecting zero-day attacks. Under default settings, unknown and untrusted files are automatically scanned by our cloud-based virus scanners then, while the file undergoes behavior analysis on our cloud server, it is run in a sandbox on your local machine so that it cannot modify or affect data on your 'real' system. Put simply, this ground-breaking method of protecting your PC means that only trusted applications are allowed to run on your computer. Malware and untrusted files get nowhere near anything important AND you get to use your computer without interruption from nagging alerts. CIS 7.0 also features a friendly graphical user interface; granular configuration options; easily understood and informative alerts; wizard-based detection of trusted zones and much more. Comodo Internet Security delivers enterprise class protection and can be used out of the box - so even the most inexperienced users will not have to deal with complex configuration issues after installation.
What's new in this version:
- New: "File Downloaders" file group has been extended with popular cloud clients such as GoogleDrive, OneDrive, DropBox.
- New: Website Filtering browser signatures have become updatable
- Improved: Yahoo! installation offer is not shown during CIS/CAV paid packages' updates anymore
- Improved: 'Browser Protection' feature is enabled by default upon clean install
- Fixed: Google Chrome and Internet Explorer crash upon closing when...
See all new features »