CNET Editors' review
Popular security software developer Comodo has developed a Chrome remix said to have higher security features than its predecessors. Comodo Dragon is an aesthetically minimalist browser that is attractive, responsive, and secure.
Apart from the red hue, the Chromium-based browser's interface is identical to that of market contender Google Chrome. From the detachable tabs at the top of the screen to the bookmark-syncing option, it is impossible to instantly recognize where the "remix" takes place. The Help tab even redirects you to Google Chrome's Help page and the Extensions tab redirects you to Google as well. It also keeps Chrome's incognito mode option, where all browsing information and cookies are deleted following the user's Web session. Upon poking around the Options menu, there are a couple of visible differences: there are no location settings and Dragon does not present an option to send "usage statistics and crash reports to Google."
A browser developed by a company that is best known for its firewall software can leave people feeling more secure about their Internet usage. Comodo Dragon will pull up a bright-yellow caution message warning people that sending information may be unsafe when they are entering a Web site with an unstable security certificate. One such message pops up even when logging into large sites like Facebook. Also, Dragon does not send browsing information to a remote server.
Dragon is not only fast, but like Google Chrome, it is not strewn with numerous icons, leaving more room for Web viewing. For those who are extra cautious about their online security, or for those who are worried about Google's data-mining, this fast browser is a great choice.
Comodo Dragon - Browse the Web in a safe interface - Download Video Previews:
Comodo Dragon is a versatile technology Browser that offers you all the possible features PLUS the unparalleled level of security and privacy you only get from Comodo. With faster start-up times, rapid graphics rendering and improved page load speed, the latest version of Dragon is full of major performance improvements you'll notice instantly. Dragon provides uninterrupted browsing when there is a crash in the plug-in, just refresh the page. Dragon's window is streamlined, clean, and simple. Its combined search and address bar makes it easy to search and navigate the web, all from one box. It allows an access to an on-line marketplace where you can discover thousands of apps, extensions, and themes for your Dragon. It has improved Privacy, Easy SSL Certificate Identification, and Access to Comodo's own Secured DNS servers, No Usage Tracking, Own built-in Updater, and Elegant Integration with your Windows anti-virus software. Integrated tools from Comodo Dragon allow you to share everything you find on the web with your friends, in multiple Social Platforms. Whichever your preferred social network, Dragon can help you spread the word.
What's new in this version: Version 31.1.0 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Surf the Web with browser with automatic form filler, popup blo...
- Explore the Web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Surf the Web with multi-processing browser with AutoFills, onli...
- Try the faster browser that lets you get the most from today's ...
- Surf the Internet via browser with various features.
- Surf the Web without a concern for your privacy and security.
- Navigate the Web using full featured Web browser with advanced ...
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Browse the Internet using a Chrome-based browser with automatio...
- Surf the Web comfortably, relying on speed, safety, and power o...
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Surf internet in a fast, light, and safe browser.
- Use browser uniting rendering engines from Mozilla Firefox, Goo...
- View Flash multimedia content through your browser.
- Take Google's Chrome browser with you on a USB stick.
- Detect trackers and control their ability to view your online b...
- Take your bookmarks, surf internet, and experience the private ...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Explore the Web in a safe and secure way.
- Edit HTML pages, check e-mail, and chat on IRC.
- Navigate the Web with HTTPS browser that encrypts browsing sess...
- Scan for working online coupon codes during checkout while shop...
- Clean up your system and optimize PC performance.
- Manage and organize your RSS feeds and TV Shows.
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 194 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Stable and More Secure"
Version: Comodo Dragon 31.1.0
Very few crashes
Has many extension/add-ons available
More privacy protection
You choose the browser totally voluntarily
Still miss a few of Firefox's add-ons
Compared to Firefox, Comodo is so much more stable. Those Firefox admissions of embarrassment grate on the nerve after a while.
I'm not Google-phobic, but yes, they do seem more than a wee-bit power-hungry..and that Chrome really tries to push itself when you do software downloads.
From what I was just reading, it seems that even when you don't use Comodo's secure DNS server option, that you are still provided w/an extra layer of privacy that Chrome doesn't give. (They should play this up in more detail.. maybe I just need to read more).
It's great! :)
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content