From Monkeybread Software:
Monkeybread Software today is proud to announce Combine PDFs 5.0, an update to their popular PDF merge and split tool for Mac OS X. With a focus on ease-of-use, Combine PDFs is a lightweight utility which allows anyone to merge PDF files and images into a single PDF file. Simply Drag and Drop several PDF files on to the program icon. A window will appear allowing the ability to change the order in which the files are joined. Version 5.0 sports many new improvements and a recommended download. Nickenich, Germany - Monkeybread Software today is proud to announce Combine PDFs 5.0, an update to their popular PDF merge and split tool for Mac OS X. With a focus on ease-of-use, Combine PDFs is a lightweight utility which allows anyone to merge PDF files and images (JPG, TIFF, etc.) into a single PDF file. Additionally, users can split a PDF file or create a new PDF file with interleaved pages from two different PDF files. Simply Drag and Drop several PDF or image files onto the application (or main window). A window will appear allowing the ability to change the order (or remove) in which the files are joined. Enter meta information, such the Title, with other info and save the new PDF. Combine PDFs will do the rest, joining these PDF files into one single file. As well, Combine PDFs allows users to add simple, 40 bit encrypted passwords to their PDF files. With the password applied, users can choose whether anyone can view the PDF directly or even print or copy content. Combine PDFs also features stronger, 128 bit encryption. Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later is required to read these files. Combine PDFs now supports Quartz filters, allowing users to apply effects to content while writing the PDF file. The application offers a preview panel that shows how the selected page looks with a particular filter applied. For example, when using the "reduce file size" filter to get a smaller PDF file, internally all Images in the document are compressed as JPEG images with a reduced resolution. Version 5.0 sports many new improvements, with text overlays on the PDFs, an improved user interface, a new manual, better drag and drop support and a new function to add a title page.
What's new in this version:
- Added buttons and text window to enter text with using variables and text styles.
- Added menu command to add a title page.
- Added new icon.
- You can now enter Metadata and Password using menu commands.
- Added Preview window so the main window is smaller.
- Added fullscreen preview. Press space to enable. User cursor keys to move between pages and esc or space to leave fullscreen preview.
- Shows left in the list the new page numbers.
More Products to Consider
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Arrange, merge PDF files (previously PDFMergeX).
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows, part of iLife '11.
- Split, combine, reorder PDFs; overlay/edit images/text in PDFs.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Create, alter and manipulate photos.
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Create, edit, and enhance images.
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Photo watermark software that includes text and image watermark...
- Detect, remove or mark duplicates, thumbnails, missing photos a...
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- Split and join PDFs; insert images and blank pages.
- Read, annotate, highlight and mark up PDFs. Designed for scient...
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- Browse, view, tag and share images and galleries.
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Stick images, view live webcams on your desktop.
- Restructure services menu and change service keyboard.
- Merge multiple PDF documents into one large PDF document.
- Create web photo albums with slideshows of your images.
- Checks preference files for corruption.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures locally or online.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Would not Run!"
Version: Combine PDFs 5.0
Sounded like it would have been good...
As soon as I tried to open the application, a window popped up, saying that I needed to upgrade to the beta version before I could even use it, for which there was no option in the menus to do so.