CNET Editors' review
Collages are a fun way to combine multiple images into one, and they have many potential uses, from greeting cards and scrapbooks to social networking profiles. CollageIt enables you to create good-looking collages without a lot of hassle.
The program's interface can be a little confusing at first glance--there are multiple menus and sliders--but if you focus on the Getting Started pane in the middle, you'll be fine. To create a collage, you simply select the images you want to use, adjust the settings, generate a preview, and save the collage when it's done. The program automatically situates the images in the collage, so you don't spend time on tedious layout tasks, but there are a few options for customizing the final result. You can adjust the collage's spacing and margins, turn frames and shadows on and off, rotate images, and set particular colors or images as the background. You can also save layouts and reload them for later use. The program is quite easy to use, and we were creating attractive collages within a matter of minutes. CollageIt doesn't have a Help file--there's a very brief tutorial video on the publisher's Web site, but that's it--but this is not a huge drawback, as the program is pretty easy to figure out. Overall, we think this program is a great tool for quickly creating collages for art projects, presentations, and much more.
CollageIt installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
From PearlMountain Software:
CollageIt is an easy-to-use and free collage maker, which makes photo collage automatically. There are only three steps to make your stunning collage such as add photo, set parameters, and generate collage preview, save collage as image format, such as BMP, JPEG, PNG, TGA, and GIF. No matter the green hand or the old hand with image processing software, CollageIt will help you make a gorgeous collage by few clicks and within few seconds. With the variable parameter setting, you may make diverse types of collages including several photos or even 100 photos. Share your photos with friends and family in a unique way.
What's new in this version: Version 1.9.3 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Create photo collages from your digital images.
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Create amazing photo collages and scrapbooks really fun and cre...
- Resize and watermark your images by dragging to this program's ...
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Create photo collages from your digital images.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Turn your photos into collage and make them into desktop wallpa...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Extract media files from files, folders, and programs.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Create Web albums or online screen shows and store your digital...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Remove stamps and other unwanted objects from your photos.
All versions:2.8 stars
out of 12 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"The best easy collagemaker outside your Smartphone."
Version: CollageIt 1.9.3
*Easy and Quick; throw Pictures in there and upload collage to Facebook in 20secs.
*Lots of auto modes: shuffle, margins, shadows, tilt angles, framing, background image or colour.
*you can save your layouts for other collages.
*Small software footprint.
*no pesky Cnet installer wanting you to add bookmarks or other software.
*Functions in manual mode are limited.
*Free version leaves watermark and limits resolution to 4 000px X 4000px.
*No addon availability or online downloads of templates.
So i have several photoapps on my Android Galaxy S4, the best being:
* Afterfocus for bokeh photos.
* Little photo and Pixlr Express for all photo editing.
* PhotoGrid is the best/easiest collagemaker.
On PC i just want an easy no impact app that does this for me quick. I have Adobe Photoshop but who got the time for that, one collage would take me half an hour.
So some people here don't get how this program works.
* Super easy to get started, just select several images in Explorer and drop them in Collageit.
* To switch places of Pictures simple drag and drop into a new spot. This program seems to make automatic spots for photos and one downside would be you can't change where these spots are besides randomizing new positions.
* Lots of auto modes makes it easier for you not to care about positioning and margins. In Photoshop i would just spend hours tinkering details.
* I've seen no problems making collages 10 000px X 5 0000px in 300dpi. (Pro version)
I should also say I'm running paid version no and see no downsides (passcodes are easy to find for you cheapos)
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content